1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Screen

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Gerard Sanchez, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Gerard Sanchez

Gerard Sanchez Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I just bought a prius base 2007 for $11,300.00 89K miles through ebay. Received the car 2 days ago and realized that I would have to replace the screen because it has an UGLY scratch on it.

I shopped around ebay for the screen with navi and found one for ~$350.
    the thing is I don't know if there's any catch that I need to know or might overlooked when replacing the screen.

Is this a simple "plug and play" thing or are there other specific things that has to be met in order for it to work??

Thanks and much appreciated!

2. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's pretty much a plug in device. Just be careful to make sure all the plugs are well seated.If you haven't seen this, it's more than you ever need to know about these things:

Prius MFD

3. Gerard Sanchez

Gerard Sanchez Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi nh70,

Thanks for the reply :)
    I am going to have to buckle down to read that link you posted- it's pretty intense, whoa!

One follow up question though, I have a Base Prius, no navi, is it possible to buy an MFD with navi and have it work in my Base Prius??

Many many thanks!

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Whoops, I think I misread your intent, the link below may not be actually what you're asking about.
    Retrofitting a stock navigation system | PriusChat

There are at least two different versions of the screen. On 06+ models w/backup camera (ones w/nav would have backup camera), you get a higher res screen w/newer graphics. I have that.

Ones without it get the old graphics w/an apparently lower res screen (I'v personally seen it on a used very stripped down 07 or 08). But, 04-05 models, there was no backup camera and they all the low res screen (nav or not).