1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New source for AUX-IN kit?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by petteri, Jan 22, 2005.

1. petteri

petteri New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It looks like there may be another source for an AUX-IN kit and a IPOD control interface for the Prius. They don't mention much on the web site. I'm going to call them on Monday and see if the Prius is supported. Here's the link:

http://www.vaistech.com/home.html

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Thanks for posting this.

Re: AIC-100 Auxiliary Input Adapter (Audio):

After reading their literature, I'm a bit confused how you'd choose between the two AIC-100 AUX inputs on a Prius that doesn't have the 6-CD factory unit.

It's supposed to jump between AUX Source 1 and AUX Source 2 on the AIC-100 by hitting the "DISC +" and "DISC -" buttons on the factory stereo system. But unless you have a 6-CD factory stereo system, there is no DISC + and DISC - buttons -- only DISC.

3. deh2k

deh2k New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    These products appear to be similar to ones that already exist, such as the Neo AUX-BOX and iPod2Car. But they cost significantly more. What's the advantage?

4. petteri

petteri New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm looking for a solution that doesn't disable the JBL 6-disk changer when you hook up an external source. Both the NEO and iPod2car require you to shut down, remove the aux in device and then you can use the changer. I want a more "finished" product.

5. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    $300 is out of my price range...

6. petteri

petteri New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I just got a call from Vaistech. They haven't tested the product on a Prius yet, but they do think it should work. They took a look at the schematics for the Prius and say its the same as the Lexus. They are looking for testers to call them. I, like many here, have already ordered the Coastal kit, but if you haven't or just want to "play" give them a call and see if you can work out a deal with them. They claim it is a plug and play unit.