1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Taxi Prius owner!!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by dek1234, Jun 27, 2008.

1. dek1234

dek1234 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    hi all!!

i am a new happy owner, i switched my old Hyundai Sonata 2000 for a brand new Prius 2008, i am now saving 120% of $$$ when i go filling to the gas station!! very happy about that!!

my question is: i have an ipod that can play videos files and i want to know what is the best mod for me to use to look at my video files??!! i head about Dice and Vais, don't know witch one to buy... i red other posts but they don't answer my question

sorry for bad english, iti is not my primary language, i am from Québec:D, Canada.

thanks in adance.:):):)

2. orracle

orracle Whaddaya mean "senior" member?

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Pas de problem, mon ami.:p

I can't see video through my DICE iPod integrator. Not sure about the other one.

Bien venu!

3. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You want to play video for your passengers, or for yourself? For passengers, wouldn't you want headrest-mounted LCD screens? I have seen a video-enabled MFD screen but I don't remember what product the owner used.. might have been the Coastal "Ultimate Lockpick," which I believe gives you RCA video input.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :welcome:! Bienvenue!

Félicitations à votre nouvelle voiture!

VAIS vous permet l'option de la vidéo si vous achétez l'equipement de VAIS avec la vidéo. Si vous choisissez le DICE, vous aurez besoin une «video connector» qui vous permet voir les films sur l'écran de Prius.

VAIS gives you the video option included (if you choose that VAIS unit with video). With DICE, you need a separate video connector that will allow you to plug connect the iPod to the video connector and the video connector to the MFD (multi-function display)

5. dek1234

dek1234 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    i heard about the lockpick 3 toplay video files, is it good?

6. chrisspaulding

chrisspaulding sexy, high tech, fun

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yes, the Ultimate Lockpick 3 or 3+ are very good! They provide the video to your MFD screen feature as well as allowing bluetooth and gps input while in-motion.

Careful how much info you divulge about how you plan to use the video in your car.
    Some posters are locked and loaded with lectures ready to pounce.

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    c'est ok. I've never used it since I don't have a navigation system or bluetooth in mine (it's a 2005 model and only the nav model at that time got the bluetooth option).