1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New tires

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Dave, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Dave

Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I decided to try something new. My last tires were the Michelin Hydroedges. I put almost 80,000 miles on them. They were good, although I almost went off the road last week up by Donner Summit. Luckily the VSC kicked in, but it was an e-ticket ride.
    I've only put 25 miles on the Triple Treads, so it's a bit early to rate them, but they do seem a little quieter than the Hydroedges. I'm currently running them at 39/37.
    Happy motoring!

2. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dave @ Nov 27 2007, 10:55 PM) [snapback]545041[/snapback]</div>
    On Black Friday, Sears was giving $60 giftcard (on top of $40 MIR) for a set of GoodYear tires.
    I took the opportunity to replaced the tires on
    my Odyssey with GY TripleTreads. So far, I am very impressed with them. The OE Milchelin tires were pure trash handling-wise.
    The BF GoodRich Premium Touring after those were much better than the Michelins, but they were poor on snow also.
    I knew that the GY TripleTreads should be better on snow (which I will find out soon enough), but I didn't expect them to perform so well on dry pavement.