1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    these are the
    Multistrada Corsa Ultimate 195/55 R16 87V

it looks like there is less road contact profile so i am hoping these wheels have better mpg:cool:

Attached Files:

2. Steamboatsig

Steamboatsig Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I did a search on the tire but didn't come up with much. Is this an over seas tire?

What are the traction, treadwear, load ratings?

Those lugs look beefy. Is this a winter tire?

3. Flying White Dutchman

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    for you maybe overseas for mee not:p

i am from europe;) and ist made in indonesia

and its a summer one

4. Steamboatsig

Steamboatsig Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Cool, let us know your experience with the tire. Btw, don't be surprised if they are loud for the first few hundred miles. Tires need to break in too.

5. Flying White Dutchman

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    yes and maybe firts also a higer mpg after a while it wil be better

6. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The blocky looking tread looks like it might be noisy which uses more fuel. More important than the tread is the compound, a high wear number would normally mean a lower rolling resistance, also look for silica in the tread compound which increases grip, reduces wear and improves rolling resistance. A solid tread ply construction reduces heat generation within the tyre there fore reducing rolling resistance.

7. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I want to share a recent experience that just happened to me yesterday.
    I live in Ohio near Cleveland (cold climate for those that don't know) Lately the wife has complained that her VW Beetle has been impossible to drive if the weather was bad. In December of 2006 we had put new tires on the vehicle from Sears. Last year in the snow the tires performed poorly but were manageable new and I attributed it to buying extremely poor Bridgestone tires and would have to live with it. Since the weather was bad she asked if she could take the Prius that day and if I would take her Beetle to work. I took it out to work and I got stuck on a little hill that it wouldn't climb, and could hardly drive in a straight line, meanwhile I'm looking at the roads and they weren't really all that bad. So I went thinking about it at work, and when I got home I looked up the tires model number on the side wall and then looked up reviews online, would you believe that Sears sold me summer only tires for that car in the dead of winter last year when I bought them. I was instantly ticked off as why would I have wanted summer only tires in Ohio yet also in Winter. I really didn't know what to do as there is no way I could afford new tires for that car (last years tires for it cost me like $560.) So I decided that I would go up to Sears to at least just complain about the tires they sold me in Dec. of 2006 even though it had been over a year and we have put 16,000 miles on the tires. They let me complain, and understood where I was coming from, I even told them that I wasn't looking to get anything for free but just looking for some help. The manager went ahead and asked for the keys and said he was going to pull it in the garage and get some tread measurements. He comes back in and says that my tread measurements were real good still but said on the way to the garage he drove it through a snow drift in the parking lot and agreed that it was a deathtrap leaving them tires on it. So he looks up on the computer what he could do for me and gave me a full refund credit on the Bridgestone tires ($120 per tire) and upgraded my tires to goodyear eagles ($150 per tire) and even waived the balancing and labor for the new ones. I was out the door only paying $127 with tax. I wasn't expecting them to go that far to help me out and I really feel like I should share the great customer service that they shared with me. I drove the car through some snow banks up at the mall afterwards and the difference is night and day.

8. Steamboatsig

Steamboatsig Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Nice. Sometimes it pays to be reasonable. Are Eagles a winter tire?

9. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just an all season tire. Its really not bad enough here for winter tires unless you are putting them on a sports car that you drive year round.

10. Steamboatsig

Steamboatsig Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Gotcha. When I lived in Steamboat, I had studded tires in the front only. All the tire guys warned me about that set up, but it was a ton of fun and I never got stuck in my 1992 Honda Civic. I would pass Toyota 4x4 and Subarus in the ditch all the time. I bought the car for $1400 and sold it for $1700 three years later.

Good job on the Sears episode. I have always liked buying tires from Sears. Now I only buy tools there. Lol.

11. Flying White Dutchman

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    dont think the fault is with sears
    when i go and buy tire's i look for summer,winter not just let them put any tire on:D

i got 2 for the price of 189 dollar incl installement en balancing.

the tire's do not make more noise

12. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for posting the good news story from Sears, nice to see a business with ethics.

lIon, good to hear. (Pardon the pun)