1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New to forum & New Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by riva, Aug 12, 2006.

1. riva

riva New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I've been lurking here for a little while, and thought I'd come out from the dark to thank everyone here for their helpful information. A few days ago I purchased a 2006 silver Prius with the HF (#3) package. In addition there were other options (Floor mats & Protection Plus, which includes vin etch, warranty rental/roadside assist...) added on at port by Toyota's Southeastern distributer. I'm in Central Florida.

It would have been nice if the dealer could have removed the Protection package, but overall I'm very pleased with the deal I got. I drove 40 minutes outsite my immediate area (Orlando FL) to purchase from the Deland Toyota Dealer who gave me $1000 more on my trade-in (gas guzzling mini-van) over the best deal I could negotiate from a dealer in my own area. They also gave me better financing terms than what I could find over the internet for a tier one credit rating.

The vehicle has been running great. My first gas average at 262 miles on the odometer was 52 mpg. This was a combination of highway/city, with mostly highway miles. My city miles for the last 40 have been lower at around 45mpg, although I'm reading here that's probably due to the short trips I've been taking, not to mention my a/c and radio have been on at full blast. Anyway, at 45 mpg, I'm certainly not complaining. I'm very happy with my decision to purchase a Prius.

PS: Now I'm shopping for custom fit seat covers at a reasonable cost. Perhaps someone can direct me to a good discussion here about seat covers. Thanks.

2. M. Oiseau

M. Oiseau 6sigma this

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome fellow newby. You're way ahead of me; I don't even have the dang car yet.

A 40 minute drive out of your area sounds nice. If all goes as planned, I'll be 11 hours out of my area in order to get an acceptable deal. Hope my initial drive is as efficient as yours. 52 mpg on the first tank is the best I've ever heard of.

3. Lil Mo

Lil Mo New Member

4. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I got Katzkin leather car seats added to my car. Look up www.katzkin.com to see what they offer (you can get very creative in the choices!), and you can find dealers/installers through their web site. My installer wasn't listed on their site, tho, so you may want to call around to find an installer and a good price.

I paid $995 + tax through my local Toyota dealer and even got a free loaner car while the work was done. I had called a couple of other places, including another Toyota dealer, and both other places said they'd charge about the same price just for installation, so I know I got a good price through the dealer where I bought the car.

They include the covers for the headrests, the center console and the door armrests.

There was also a recent thread, with pictures, of Wet Okole seat covers, so search for that in the forum.

Congratulations on your new Prius!

5. riva

riva New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    To Everyone - Thanks for the greetings and comments. I've already checked out that thread about seat covers. Leather seats are also an interesting idea.

M. Oiseau - Glad to hear my mpg are good for the first tank. This may have something to do with the roads in central Florida being pretty flat. Good luck with your purchase. I look forward to hearing all about your experience.