1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New to forum

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jwight, Aug 7, 2006.

1. jwight

jwight New Member

Hi folks,

Not a Prius owner (yet) but very interested in finding information on how the car is actually perfoming in the real world (mpg, reliability) and feedback on great dealer experiences in the OH/IN/MI/KY area. Local Dayton dealers have no interest in talking deals and don't seem to have any in stock so out of state may be our only choice if we decide to buy.

Thanks in advance! :)

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    You could try the Brunswick Automart (in brunswick, OH, near cleveland). I got mine there, and they were very professional about it. they also told me it would be up to a 2 month wait and called me back 2 days later to say it would be delivered in a week. and as a bonus, if you have your 5k mile maintainence done there, they have some sort of special deal with tires they give you (don't remember what it was, i moved shortly after buying the prius so i wasn't concerned about it).

I've also heard of a great dealer about an hour from columbus (can't remember the name though). Apparently the dealers in columbus pretty much sucked when it came to being pushy, bad deals, and maintainence, so a few people i knew there started going to that other dealer.

3. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Welcome to PC, jwight! Lots of good info here. Scan the Main and Maintenance Forums, try Search, graze around and make your self at home. You'll see we don't always agree or even have identifiably matching experiences, but overall pictures will emerge.

Of course, we're not shy about giving advice if you ask for it, either. :)

4. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Welcome to PC. I think the internet is a pretty good tool for finding dealers who you might want to do business with.

If you are an inexperienced car buyer or even if you are not here are a few things to consider:

1. Don't pay more than MSRP.

2. Don't let the dealer/salesman sell you a lot of extra junk such a maintenance contracts or add on stuff for the car such as undercoating etc.

3. Don't buy an extended warranty from the dealer. You have 3 years or 36K miles to decide if you want it or not. If you do you can buy the Toyota extended warranty here cheaper than you can get it from any dealer.

4. Don't believe anything the salesman tells you unless you verify it. Most of them don't know much about the car but they know a lot about getting your money.

5. Don't buy a Prius (or any other car) unless you can take a nice long drive in it first, rent one for a day if you have to.

See, Jack warned you, we aren't shy.

5. jwight

jwight New Member

Thanks for the info folks; pretty much the same as on other car forums. Glad to see there's as much debate over Toyota responding to customer issues as we have on the Corvette forums. I'm a big Toyota fan and would still have one if they hadn't quit making the Tercel and Corolla 4x4 wagons. I'll check out Brunswick Automart and see what they can offer. Cheers!

6. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jwight @ Aug 7 2006, 04:16 PM) [snapback]299249[/snapback]</div>
    A friend of mine bought a Pontiac G6 a week ago in Ohio.. She's from up in the bowling green area, so I'm not sure which dealerships she was at. The Toyota dealer she was at had 2 available Prius on the lot. PM me if you want me to ask her for that dealership name.

I get 52.xx mpg over 20,000 miles since 2/15, check out my mpg page: http://d.spicher.home.comcast.net/prius/LifetimeStats.html

I'm not sure any dealer will 'deal' on the Prius. Sooner or not so later, they'll get msrp for them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jwight @ Aug 7 2006, 04:16 PM) [snapback]299249[/snapback]</div>
    A friend of mine bought a Pontiac G6 a week ago in Ohio.. She's from up in the bowling green area, so I'm not sure which dealerships she was at. The Toyota dealer she was at had 2 available Prius on the lot. PM me if you want me to ask her for that dealership name.

I get 52.xx mpg over 20,000 miles since 2/15, check out my mpg page: http://d.spicher.home.comcast.net/prius/LifetimeStats.html

I'm not sure any dealer will 'deal' on the Prius. Sooner or not so later, they'll get msrp for them.