1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New to hybrids in VA

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by crazyyella, Feb 7, 2011.

1. crazyyella

crazyyella Hybrid Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello all,

Short time lurker, first time owner and poster. I'm new to the hybrid arena. My previous vehicles were a 2003 Mercedes E320, 2000 Porsche Boxster, 2005 Hyundai Tucson, and a 1997 Pontiac Sunfire. I've been improving my green-ness in most other areas of my life, and this was the most recent to drop. I have to say I've been very impressed with the comfort of my 2010 Prius II, even though there are many things that are absent from my E320. However, I do enjoy the updated interior sans the wood and leather, heated seats, and moonroof. While I might miss the umph that made my previous vehicles move, I surely don't miss the lousy to mediocre gas mileage. Best of all, I can actually use my iPod. Finally!

I'm an avid triathlete and Ironman finisher and live in the Williamsburg, VA area, so if any of you out there want to do some long bike rides, hit me up.

Looking forward to learning some news things about the car from all you old pros.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard! Surprised you didn't go with a package V? Enjoy the ride!

3. crazyyella

crazyyella Hybrid Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I thought about all of that. Basically, it came down to how much time I spend in the car. My "commute" is 7 miles each way with light traffic. During the spring and fall I try to ride my bike in as often as possible. At the end of the year, I have about 12,000 miles driven (including family trips). I basically told myself that I really didn't need all that stuff and it wasn't going to add that much to my life. I also have some business obligations that end next year, and I wanted to keep my payments low since my wife will need a new ride next year. We are thinking the PriusV for her since we will hopefully have our 2nd by that point.

4. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats on your new Prius and welcome to PriusChat. Read your owner's manual. Sit back and enjoy the ride, but I'm sure it's not the same as your 2-wheel treks!

5. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Welcome from a few miles to your west! I make regular trips to and through your neck of the woods -- a part time job near Kingsmill, another in Gloucester, and my parents' riverfront cottage in Gloucester Point.

6. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to the forum. :)