1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New to me 2007 Touring pkg 4

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by blacktouring, Jul 21, 2009.

1. blacktouring

blacktouring Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I must admit that I had my hesitations regarding driving a Prius. Years of commuting from the South Bay to Glendale everyday on the 110, it seemed like every other car I see is a Prius.

After driving a mine a week, I'm hooked! I have to say the ubiquity issue barely bothers me. I've averaged 50.9MPG over the past 300 miles. My best round trip to work has been 52.9MPG.

This car has completely transformed the way I drive. This car completely changed my attitude about slow moving traffic. You have to realize that for the past 10 years I've driven 278hp DOHC 4V V8 cars - a 1992 400e MBZ and a 1994 Q45 - both of which I loved as they are both fine machines (well I still have the Q). I thought I'd miss the V8 power, but I can honestly say I do not. Coming from these higher end cars, the only thing I miss is power seats. I'm impressed by the quality of the interior materials and do not understand those who precieve this car as "cheap".

I can't believe that ALL newers cars do not incorporate the technology found on the Prius. It makes me think of the 35MPG cars I was considering (such as the 09 Fit & Civic) as gas guzzlers!

BTW - Are any of our local dealerships trustworthy? I'd like to check the service records for my vehicle.