1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New to me Ex Uber

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Bolton-John, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Bolton-John

Bolton-John New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Active
    Hey,

so this is my second Gen3 Prius my first one was a 2010 i bought in 2014 for £10.5k which at the time had 40k miles on it, i know i should of kept it but i was young and stupid and a french man reversed into me despite only being in france for 45 minutes, which made me fall out of love with the car and i repaired it cheap and sold it.

Now my second one, is a 2013 Jap Import Ex Uber from London, there is some new rule in london for Uber now that they have to be maximum 10 years old to be in service, which has caused a spike of them for sale.

So i took the hit had a look at a few Gen2s but they was very poor condition in comparison to the advert. i then saw a gen3 which was uploaded pretty much as i was searching and i rang the guy, organised a test drive knocked him down a few 100 and bought it for £3000.

Yes its had high mileage as its on 250k but besides changing the battery in the boot and getting a tyre and the HID ballast for drivers side (RHD) will be changed this week, there appears to be nothing wrong with it mechanically...... drives smoothly, no strange clunks or squeaks, has a reverse camera, power folding mirrors, dvd player, sat nav, bluetooth, tinted windows.

now i said mechanically as cosmetically on the outside being a ex Uber you can see some poor paint touch ups on the bumpers etc but not the end of the world.

so hopefully I will hit the 300k mark in this vehicle without to much investment.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      194.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      158 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg