1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New (to me) Prius???

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by dunno, Jul 18, 2011.

1. dunno

dunno New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello everyone...wife wants me to buy her a Prius. Having never considered one, nor driven one, I dont know where to start. So figured I could get some advice here....thanks in advance.

1. She only wants a Prius
    2. I dont want to pay more than $20K (if i can help it)
    3. She wants leather, and Nav/Backup camera
    4. She wants hatchback model
    5. Lowest mileage possible
    6. No lemons!!!
    Sooooo....which model and year to buy? If we are smokin' the funny stuff with our price limit - say so. I know the more you spend the more you get, but I like a lot of bang for my buck!!

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    [​IMG] to Prius chat.

3 each model year has a variable number of packages 1 to 9 (some years use roman numerals) the highest numbers have leather, but the highest number varies, in 2009 it was a 6. I think 2006 was the first year with a backup camera option.
    4 all 2004 to 2011 are hatchbacks
    5 since the Prius only makes financial sense if you drive it great distances, expect 'high' mileages.

http://priuschat.com/forums/attachm...ptional-equipment-some-countries-08_prius.pdf

3. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PC. May be you can look in to buying a 2008-10 with 20-30k miles? My 2006 (package 4) has 60k miles and is worth probably around $13k now. So, something a bit newer than mine with lesser miles will fit your price range. Check Edmunds. All the best!

4. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    #6: Pay a Prius certified technician to thoroughly check out the car before you buy it. They're well made, but problems can be hard to notice and expensive to fix. Spend $100 or $200 to avoid that possibility.