1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New to Prius welcome thoughts on 2002 dead in the water

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by 5150debil, Oct 8, 2015.

1. 5150debil

5150debil Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Car had been setting for approx. 1 1/2 years 12V battery totally dead. Replaced with new one.
    I get display and all dash lights but absolutely nothing else. The HV battery and Hybrid warning
    lights are on. Assuming HV battery is totally dead also.
    Suggestions on best course of action since Toyota thinks the HV battery never needs to be charged externally.

2. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If you want to DIY, I would suggest you study the threads on rebuild of the traction battery. You might want to invest in a Mini VCI and see if you can pull the codes on it before you do anything. A google search will reveal these items. The search feature here on Prius Chat seems to lack a bit for some reason.

I am under the impression that Toyota CAN recharge the traction battery, but the charger's are few and far between.

Best of luck to you and welcome to Prius Chat.

3. 5150debil

5150debil Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for reply was checking out posts on the Techstream I have an OBD II scanner but no code since they clear when battery is removed.
    Questioning if I want to pursue farther since all the tires were stolen last night may be a sign.

#3 5150debil, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015