1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New to Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by rpeeples, Dec 28, 2010.

1. rpeeples

rpeeples Experienced Toyota Owner

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to say that I am new to Prius, but not to Toyota or to hybrids. My wife and I recently traded an '07 Camry Hybrid for a '10 Prius. The Prius is the sixth Toyota we have owned since 1990 and have been very pleased with them overall:

1991 Truck (bought in 1990, still own, 130k miles)
    1993 Camry (great car, but traded at 105K miles)
    1998 4-Runner (still own, almost 200K miles)
    2005 Camry (traded at 35k miles, was injured in a crash:()
    2007 Camry (traded at 132k miles for the Prius)
    2010 Prius III

The exception is the '07 Camry. I guess you could say it is our "Eleanor". It ran great, had a great ride, had very good gas mileage, but it was all the little, annoying things that got to us. I rattled like rocks in a tin can, three of the four door locks had to have new actuator motors, the windshield leaked, and the check engine light would come on at odd times (the dealer said it was nothing and would reset after a certain number of restarts, which it always did).

After lots of research, we decided to get rid of the Camry and get a Prius. It is still too early to tell, but so far it has performed well. It does not have the "spunk" of the Camry, on the other hand, it is not meant to be a sports car. It does have almost the same amount of room inside, it is comfortable and easy to drive, and the fuel efficiency has been very good. I expect it will get better over time.

I wish I could go on about the quality of Toyotas and our past experiences, but it would be a very long post. To sum it up, I will stick with Toyota as long as Toyota will continue to produce the best cars/trucks available. And if this Prius lives up to the claims, I will be one of the Prius' biggest supporters...

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    eleanor rigby?

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy this Toy as much as the others.

4. rpeeples

rpeeples Experienced Toyota Owner

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was thinking of the car in Gone in Sixty Seconds that gives Nicholas Cage/Memphis Raines so much grief:(

I suppose Eleanor Rigby could also be considered, as the song dealt with depression and such....

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    wow. sorry it was so bad. we have an 08 with 40,000 and not one issue. we love it! luck of the draw i guess?