1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New to PriusChat - 2nd G2 Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by DAlexNagy, Jan 15, 2008.

1. DAlexNagy

DAlexNagy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I own a red 2007 Touring edition with the package that included the smart key, CD changer, and Bluetooth. This is my 2nd G2 Prius - my first was a blue package 3 (smart key, air bags all around). I sold it to a dealer when I retired to use my truck. Alas, I got a job as a part-time teacher with a commute of 60 miles.

I sold the truck on eBay (I got $6k for my 10 yr old Tacoma 4x4), my wife and I took her '06 Highlander Hybrid to Alaska and back, and I ordered a red Prius when I returned, getting it in a few weeks in August, 2007.

I've already put over 6,500 miles on it and getting in the high 40s for MPG but have noticed, as with the other Prius, about a 10% drop in mileage during the winter. I track all mileage via spreadsheet.

Right now, I have one complaint and it's probably caused by my cell phone. My Samsung A900 seems to work OK but gets phantom calls occasionally. If I don't power-cycle the phone, the phantom call returns some seconds after canceling the prior phantom call. I'm searching for a solution.

2. PRIUS007

PRIUS007 James Bond -007

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I think come winter time (colder weather) mileage suffers some as the ICE is running more than when it's warmer out.

As for the phone, I guessing your speaking of using the Bluetooth in the car. Do you get phantom calls when not in the car? Seeing how the car is more or less acting as a Bluetooth headset device off of your phone, I don't see how you'd get phantom calls. I also couldn't see you getting phantom calls from another Bluetooth enabled phone, lets say in a car next to you, as it wouldn't be paired with your car.