1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New to PriusChat

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by AusTexan, Jan 5, 2014.

?
  1. No, why would you even consider something so foolish?

66.7%
  2. I would never do something as irresponsible as this.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. You bet I have, but I have not increased the MPG usage.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. You bet I have, and I have noticed an increase in MPG's.

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AusTexan

AusTexan New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I've had my 2012 Prius One (or Two, I do forget) now since May of 2012. I can't believe it has been that long. I found the PriusChat by Googling to find out whether there is any truth that I could maintain the fuel efficiency by driving my Prius faster. From The number of level-headed responses I found, I figured that I had discovered a group of well informed Prius drivers. But hey, aren't all Prius owners well informed? Smugness aside, I do hope to learn more about what my pious Prius can and cannot do.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome aboard! all the best with your pri and theory!(y)

3. jdk2

jdk2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I grabbed the first post I could find from Bob Wilson, a senior member here that has done some experimentation with speed versus mpg. The graph says it all. Sorry, I can't remember where the original post was, but the graph has not changed: Why low mpg on 2013 prius 3? | Page 2 | PriusChat

4. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    You will not increase your mpg by driving faster. Your graph will confirm that.

5. Dr. Katherine Nell McNeil

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I too am new to PriusChat. Being a lifelong Honda girl.....I am not worried about gas milage at this point. Right now I am just worried about learning how to drive the damn thing. As I have told others...there is something really wrong with a car that comes with uh how many owner manuals??????? I did make it to school this morning.

Attached Files:

6. AusTexan

AusTexan New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    One
    You know the best advice I saw shortly after purchasing my Prius was, "Just drive it." You can spend lots of time staring at the computer screen when your eyes should be watching the traffic around you. It was true. You will learn over time to glance occasionally to see how close you keep the Eco bar indicator near the middle and as far from the red zone. I have also learned that at very low speeds, you can drive in Power Mode and still manage to engage EV Mode. I still try to drive in Eco Mode 95% of the time. Even after about a year I still have lots of questions about this Prius I drive every day.

Many thanks bisco.

7. Dr. Katherine Nell McNeil

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks.....I did that on the way home. But I am reading the manuals tonight. The basic manual tonight.....tomorrow the other one with all the programing of screens.

carolD likes this.