1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New to PriusChat

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by ksfrogman, Jun 21, 2008.

1. ksfrogman

ksfrogman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hello everyone, I'm excited to be a new member here.

With the gas prices increasing, and the requisite distances I must drive to and from my offices in Southern California, I've been thinking about buying a Prius as a "work" car. I'm also a car enthusiast, and enjoy modifying cars for fun. I've been searching the forums and reading about aftermarket mods for the Prius, and it's much more difficult to find photographs of modified cars here (compared with, say, the BMW 3). If I were to purchase a Prius, I would like to modify it with coilovers, aftermarket wheels, and suspension upgrades. Just because I desire to be a more responsible/practical car owner, doesn't mean I can't drive a "cool" car.

I currently own a 2006 330i, which has brought me much joy in modifying and using as my daily driver. I hope that 2010 brings us a sleeker, more fuel efficient Prius with an ion-lithium battery, but from what I have read so far, there is a lot of speculation.

I am a member of e90post.com and the owner/administrator of SoCalE90.com.

Any info or links to good info about the next generation Prius would be appreciated. Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. Captain Fantastic

Captain Fantastic New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    nice vanity plate.

3. ZC1

ZC1 Junior Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Nice Beemer!!

I think the best source of next generation Prius information/links would be found here, using the forums search. Unfortunately, the real information on the next gen Prius is mostly unrevealed as of yet.

(yeah, I do the mod thing too, it's a habit now.)

ZC1

4. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    One of many things Toyota do very well it to keep their cards close to their chest, only showing their hand at the end of the game.
    Unfortunately the Prius platform is more about efficient use of space and reducing weight, suspension mods aren't all that prevalent although TRD have some upgraded suspension components, then there are body kits and chassis braces through various suppliers like Tom's and Sigma Auto. Light-weight wheels are hard to find although a search of the forum will uncover a couple, high performance tyres will impose a rolling resistance penalty at the petrol pump.

There are a few simple mods like shark fin antenna and window tint which arguably improve the appearance of Prius no end.

Good luck finding the Prius you want and turning it into an extension of you.