1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New to the board

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Clairity, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Clairity

Clairity Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello - I'm new here. In July I (majorly) upgraded from a 1995 Honda Civic to a 2007 Prius, which I have named Carlo.

Although I am having a problem (see my thread in Gen II Troubleshooting), I love my car on the whole. Compared to my Civic, Carlo gets almost double the gas mileage, is about half as loud, is way more comfortable and roomy. What's not to love? About the only things I miss are the sunroof (since I couldn't spring for a loaded model) and the manual transmission.

I'm a little wary about driving the Prius in snow this winter, but I'm a fairly experienced winter driver and know that you can spin out/get stuck in any vehicle if you drive like a jackalope. Hopefully I'll be ok!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    :welcome: if you must drive in the snow a lot, get some good snow tires, drive carefully, and you'll be fine.

3. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    :welcome:

Nice to see you here! :)

Don't hesitate to ask questions...

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and welcome to PriusChat!

If it makes you feel better, no moonroof was available for the Gen 2 (which includes your 2007) at any price. :)