1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New to the family

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by dhayved, Apr 15, 2015.

1. dhayved

dhayved New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey everybody. I just got my hands on a 2014 Classic Grey Prius with the Tech Package (Crazy Canadian Nomenclature) and I couldn't be happier. It's a dealer demo with only 8000 kms and 2.5 yrs of original warranty left on it. I got it for a steal, and they were very generous with my trade in. It's such a change from my beastly 2010 Ford Taurus SHO I was driving. Before I was getting 16.5 MPG and because the car was tuned it took 91 octane to add insult to injury. Now I'm getting 58 - 60 MPG on my daily commute and saving around $200 a month in fuel. I gotta say I love my Prius!!! I clearly see what all the fuss is about. I just wanted to say hello and thanks for building such an awesome community. I have already spent hours quietly lurking and reading posts... Thought it was about time to pipe up and say something.

Here's a pic of the new whip... since I took this I have already pulled off the hub caps to expose the black alloys and installed Yaris center plugs (Thanks priuschat for that tip), ordered an organizer for under the flying buttress (Thanks for that one too priuschat) switched out the interior bulbs for new LEDs, ordered a new antenna (I'm also considering a sharkfin) and booked an appointment to have some tinting film installed on the back windows and rear windscreen.

Anyone have some other quick, cheap and cheerful suggestion that a non-car person can take on to make this little guy more my own?

Unknown-1.jpeg

Burna J likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome and congrats!(y)

3. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Hello and welcome!

May I suggest some window tint to help alleviate some of that Glare and personalize it a little.

It's color is classic silver right? Or is it magnetic Gray? Or are the colors Different in Canada?

4. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Greeting and Welcome Aboard!

5. dhayved

dhayved New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    D'oh!!! Classic Silver yes yes... That's the correct colour name. As far as tinting... I'm taking it in Sunday. Unfortunately where I'm from no film is allows on the driver or passenger windows as well as the front windshield. They always end up looking a little lopsided... but such is life.

6. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You can buy an under the hatch floor organizer..which is compartmentalized to hold things.

I myself made one out of heavy cardboard and YES black duct tape. This way I was able to perfectly size my compartments to hold the things I wanted, and honestly it looks pretty good.

Not really a MOD...but a possible suggestion.

7. dhayved

dhayved New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I saw them on eBay and thought I would eventually get one. Right now I have my fresh in the package summer mats in there, but it's a great suggestion. Thanks!!