1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New to the forum

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Golfman, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Golfman

Golfman New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just got my Blizzard Pearl 2011 Prius II yesterday and am very pleased. Got it through AAA auto sales and have never regretted dealing with them locally here in Prescott, AZ. I traded a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer and don't think Ill ever regret it. Gas milage is what I'm looking for at this time, and the golf clubs fit in the back fine without having to lower the back seat. Looking to get some accesories from the Prius chat shop. I only have one question at this time. Has anyone put a dash mat on there GenIII Prius and is the 2010 dash the same as the 2011? Thanks and happy to be a new member. :)

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sweeet, great choice. Welcome to the club@

3. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Aloha and Welcome,

Blizzard Pearl is so sweet when it is clean. Most of the time mine look like a dirty glacier. The MY10 and MY11 dashes should be the same. No dash cover here though sorry. Check your tire pressures and get to know your new car. Enjoy!

4. skilbovia

skilbovia Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Welcome Golfman. Before my first test drive, I pulled my Escape aside the Prius and made sure I could fit my bag, cart, shoes and other assorted golf junk in the back without putting my seat down. Then I bought my first Prius (soon to be followed by one for my wife which is Blizzard Pearl). Subsequently, I found that 2 sets of clubs, 2 Sun Mountain Micro carts and shoes etc. fit back there too. Then when I was in Florida this winter, we got 4 bags and 4 people in the car. And with another friend we got 3 people with the "60" seat folded down, 3 bags and 3 carts in the car. Is this the ultimate golf car? I think so.

5. Cactuscoug

Cactuscoug CactusCoug

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I only have one question at this time. Has anyone put a dash mat on there GenIII Prius and is the 2010 dash the same as the 2011?

Welcome! I live in Tucson, which is even hotter than Prescott. We installed a dash-mat on our G3 a year ago and are glad that we did. A 2010 mat should fit a 2011 Prius just fine.

6. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats and welcome to PriusChat. The 2010/2011 dash are identical. I do not use a dash mat. What is the value of a dash mat?

I agree that the cargo capacity is excellent.

7. Golfman

Golfman New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Don't try and touch your black dash after its sit in 115 deg temp for any amount of time and if you put anything on the dash with a dash mat it dosn't move around much. I put a mat on all my cars just to try and save the dash. Each to there own though.

8. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just never felt the Prius dash was of sufficient design or flatness to safely put anything on it. I guess I can understand a dash mat helping to reduce some of the dash heat absorption. I understand that the Prius dash is treated to prevent UV fade, so I'm thinking a dash mat would not be needed for that issue; maybe.