1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New to the forums, with a new-to-me Prius... almost

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Oxblood, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Oxblood

Oxblood Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello, everyone! I've been poring over these forums for the past several weeks as I have been shopping for a used Prius to replace my (13-year-old!) Corolla. Looks like a great community here, and so much great information!

I ended up finding an off-lease 2012 Prius Three with the solar sunroof package, 24k miles, for about $16k. Pretty good deal, I think-- it's even Toyota Certified. My only regret so far is that it is black, which will be harder to maintain. Sexy, though...

Anyway, here's where things maybe turn weird. I test-drove the car last Wednesday April 1, agreed to purchase it, and put down a deposit. Then the dealer (Boch Toyota South in Massachusetts) told me that the car was so fresh off lease that the bank still had the title. They said they would take the car off the lot for me, and as soon as the title came from the bank, they'd call me in to complete the deal.

It will be a week tomorrow since that interaction. The dealer said they paid off the car two days after it came back to them, which would have been late March. Shouldn't the bank have sent the title back to them by now? I actually bought my Corolla after having leased it first, and I don't remember there being much of a wait for the title to come to me after I bought it out. I'd appreciate any thoughts or comments from folks who might have had similar experiences. Thanks!

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Paper Work.

In this day and age things should be more instantaneous or quicker you'd think. But?

I'd just calmly and politely communicate with the dealership that you are waiting for your car. You might hint that you NEED a car. It's kind of up to the dealership to light a fire under the bank if they are dragging their feet for whatever reason. The dealership should be happy they have the vehicle leased and they should want the deal closed as much as you do.

At this point communication with the dealership is the first and best step.

Oxblood likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! agree with tem^^, although, they want your payment, not just your downpayment. not sure what they can do, or how long it 'should' take. stay on your sales person, and keep asking when they expect it.

Oxblood likes this.