1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

new to the hybrid world

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by thomus, Oct 8, 2015.

1. thomus

thomus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well hello. Im thomus or Tom or what ever. I just picked up an 06 prius in trade for a crappy 03 beetle and a salvage title 03 silverado 4x4 with a good deal of body damage. It had good bones though. So far im happy with the trade and like the prius. Ill admit I didnt think about the fact that the vehicle would be so different as far as mechanical work goes. Having a car i can't fix 90% of any mechanical issue that pops up is something new to me.

That is where i hope this forum will be a good help. I was already able to figure out how to get the mfd into dealer mode which would have presumably fixed the problem im having but i didnt get that lucky, anyway im going to go ahead and make an acctual thread about the issues as I know that will get me the answers I seek.

To my amazement the car has over 316xxx miles and seems to be running well for the most part. It does have new Ni-MHs though.

2. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Welcome to Prius Chat! Best of luck to you! (y)

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    wow, that's some mileage for a newbie! if you're gnna do your own thing, pick up an old laptop and mini vci with toyota tech stream software. welcome and all the best!(y)

4. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Thomus well if its a new Toyota NiMH you should be good for another 8-10years of course who knows what else might go on you, but hey we'll tell you how to DIY it