1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New to the Prius scene, looking for some help.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by MyBlueC5, Apr 14, 2008.

1. MyBlueC5

MyBlueC5 The Corvette Guy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Recently I have decided into looking much further into the Prius, as I am starting a solar energy company in the Phoenix area, and need to go green. (Plus, my 15 MPG in the current 01 Silverado I drive is obnoxious, and it costs almost $100 a tank. :eek:)

So here's what i'm looking for in the way of aftermarket parts.

Widebody Kit
    Aftermarket wheels
    Recaro seats (to big to fit with the regular seats, lol.)
    stereo equipment

Now, I've come up with an incredibly funky, weird idea for this car. There's a product called VroomBox that has a unit where it makes eninge notes from other cars and makes it sound like its coming from yours. So here's the idea I've got tossing around.

Install the VroomBox and run it through an "enlarged exhaust tip", cleverly disguised as a external speaker, and run sidepipes in front of the rear wheel. I know, wild isn't it? I think it'd be the only Prius with sidepipes ever! :car:

So, to the actual question now, where could I purchase these things when I buy the Prius. I'm also looking for anybody who knows a good paint guy in the greater Phoenix area, looking to paint it as well.

Thanks,
    Chris

2. ForTheGlory

ForTheGlory New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    What's a "Widebody Kit"?

3. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    why would you ugly up the car like that? Sort of reminds me how a lot of kids put a ton of money into body kits, wheels, Wings, and aftermarket engine kits on a 4 cylinder Honda. My point being if you want a muscle car buy a muscle car.

4. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  5. SparrowHawk60

SparrowHawk60 Happy to be green!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Being a 94 Honda Civic owner (47,000 miles on the clock. 32 mpg around town, I can manage 41 mpg on long highway trips. :D) I agree with most of what you said.
    I have added strut bar braces and a larger sway bar to both the front and rear. I've also opened up the air box as the stock configuration was way to restrictive.
    I often debate putting on after market rims, think I'd opt for some of the aluminum rims that Honda put on some of the higher end models.
    Surely there will be no WINGS, or body kits, and dammed sure no Farty Fart muffler! :mad:

6. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Now that's what I'm talking about, as far as rims I would go for a nice set from the Honda / Acura dealer. Keep it looking pretty stock.

7. MyBlueC5

MyBlueC5 The Corvette Guy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    It's going to be a company car, promoting the new solar energy business, so we want it to draw as much attention as possible.

8. derkraut

derkraut Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I agree wholeheartedly with the above comment. Why buy a Prius, and then make it look like something else??:rolleyes: