1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New to the PRIUS World! & liking it!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by woneyeofca, Aug 7, 2009.

1. woneyeofca

woneyeofca Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Bought a 2010 Blizzard White Pearl Prius III with the cool nav. system. We took advantage of the CARS program & got $4500 for the "clunker"! My wife chose the color & I loke it. I had a 2000 HD FatBoy painted a similar Pearl. She wanted the Bisque fabric but we ended up with the light grey. No leather as we have a 4 legged daughter...I am extremely impressed with the appointments of the vehicle. The rear window seems to be a blind spot but we will get used to it. We also looked at a VW Jetta TDI Sport Wagon - but - my daughter's head hit the headliner. Not so with the Prius. Also - the VW dealer had a dealer mark up of $3K. I asked the sales guy about it & he said they didn't negotiate as it was a supply & demand issue. I said in other words my clunker was only worth $1500 on his deal & he didn't agree. My final question was - "How do we get to Walnut Creek Toyota?!"...We made a smarter purchase, on many levels. Looking forward to a 3 - 400 mile quick trip this w/e as the maiden voyage.:)
    So glad the Prius fit my tall daughter & wife. AND THEY LOVE IT!

2. jestoy7

jestoy7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats on the purchase. Make sure to take pictures of the trip and post them up!

1 person likes this.
  3. woneyeofca

woneyeofca Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    We have lots of family in St. Augustine, FL. We hope to drive there upon my retirement. We've been flying there for years but I think the Prius (my wife & daughter named her "Bliss" & the Nav system Paige or Page) will make the trip far more enjoyable & we could take our dog...

4. LoraJ

LoraJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Congratulations! Would definitely love to see pics. :)