1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Toyota Highlander test drive and impressions

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Bob259, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Bob259

Bob259 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    [font=Comic Sans MS:7cca205258]We had to opportunity to test drive the new Highlander Hybrid Limited the other day. All I can say is WOW :mrgreen: The power is amazing and comes on quickly.

Now for the disappointments; no smart entry, for $42K on the Limited I would have expected the Smart entry; continued bland styling. I think that\'s about it... I cant wait till the Hybrid Tundra pick up comes out in 2008. I was told it will have 1,000 Ft Lbs of torque[/font:7cca205258]

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :D I can expect it's a tad more livelier than the RX I tested. They're really powerful but I don't like the fact that they 'dumbed' down the Consumption Screen and that there's a regular key. I'd figure a push button is more normal than turning a key without hearing the engine start.

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    we got the chance to look at one. there were a few things that reminded me of the Prius. and it was really nice looking in general. some nice options and such but the pricetag!!

thanks, but i'll take 2 prii for that much money. :)

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    1000 foot pounds?

WOW

5. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Both the Prius and Highlander are built using United States' SI (System Internationale) measuring units. 1000 foot-pounds (archaic) is 81,349 Joules.

Keep it clean and SI.

6. Bob259

Bob259 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA\";p=\"98371)</div>
    [font=Comic Sans MS:daf177e426]Thats what I said. He said the Toyota engineer said \"frankly you would not believe what we are working on and will have coming out by 2020, it\'s Starwars type technology\"... I can\'t wait to see some of the things, if they can get them so they can mass produce them. Toyota seems to be light years ahead of everyone, except maybe Mercedes Benz. Both these companies have far reaching technology concepts that they are working on and seem to be suceeding at getting to market ahead of the competition. :clap:

I agree that the price for the Highlander Hybrid seemed awful high and out of my range. Plus the Lexu\'s styling is a lot nicer in my way thinking. I think they are trying to capitalize on the high gas prices and possible high demand they expect for this and the Lexus models, not to mention the Camray\'s coming out soon. I don\'t think they want delivery to be like the first Prius\'s and have a 12 month plus wait as the norm and a lack of parts to build them. That was bad publicity for them, until recently and I don\'t think they want to go backwards and tick off the consumers by not being able to meet demand. Even so, they say the Hybrid Lexus and Highlander\'s planned production for this year is close to being sold out or commited.[/font:daf177e426]