1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Toyota TIS site

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by TheForce, Aug 1, 2007.

1. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Has anyone used the new TIS site? http://techinfo.toyota.com

Just wondering if it was easier to use as in easier to mass download files? From the looks of the tutorials on the site everything 2005 or newer is in some kind of HTML now. Maybe it will be easier to to do a wget of the whole site??

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    hey, i was about to post something along those lines. we were digging through the manuals for our es250 and noticed they changed over.

this is the same thing as the tis2 that the techs now use- vastly improved in many aspects as you can see. but i don't know about downloading large numbers of files, whether that's changed or not.

3. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    yeah hobbit, if you've got $7k+ laying around ;) nice setup though, eh? DH really likes em except the whole internet explorer thing.

5. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The Techstream is on my list of things to get when I win the lottery. Right up there with the Tesla Roadster, a very nice house, and some kind of small aircraft to name a few. :)

6. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Did my web whack of the site last weekend. Closest I have come to getting carpel tunnel.

Good news: Got everything I needed and sure is a lot of stuff to get for $10. This is what matters to me so most complaints are secondary compared to this. Also you get more than a day so register early in the morning since the expiration is midnight pacific time after 24 hours have elapsed. Good deal there.

Not so good news: The ideal would be for the Manuals to be one managable set of big .pdf files. No such luck. The clock was ticking and my desire was to get it extracted, not impress anyone with my non-existent web capabilities. Someone who knows what they are doing probably can make this a LOT easier. I like to use Opera but only recognized IE. The site is designed for 24 hour a day on-line use, not downloading. Here is what I did.
    1) Downloaded all the TSBs and Service Campaigns individually as .pdf's. Just lots of clicks.
    2) Downloaded the Electrical Wiring Diagrams as .pdf's. But had to call up each system's print version to do so. The system description for each EWD system was just hypertext so had to download that in native format. Not too time consuming, but not trivial.
    3) Spend most of the day downloading the repair manual as .mht files. To make this work, I created a directory structure identical to the one on the site. Then I tried to "Save Target As..." the files but this did not work. (kept saving shortcuts or text without pictures...a true disaster in the making there). So I opened the file and then copied ".mht" web page to a local directory. That worked. Hours and hours to do this.