1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New unbelievable fads

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Dec 15, 2006.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  2. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

The power tool racing is at least not a hazard to general society as the racing shown in the movie Tokyo Drift. I was afraid that sport would take off and endanger us all, luckily it didn't become the 'next thing' that I feared it might.

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tleonhar @ Dec 15 2006, 01:39 PM) [snapback]362859[/snapback]</div>

Its intresting, the kid is totally shocked and confused at the same time that the thing went off.....
    Did it hit him in the mouth? Well I bet he wont be doing that again.. :lol: :lol:

5. dreichla

dreichla New Member

I think I saw a short clip like this This Old House a few years back with belt sanders. Looks like the sport has evolved quite a bit since then.

Do you think it will be as popular as NASCAR?

6. kDB

kDB New Member

7. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I went to the Spokane County fair last fall, and they had dog relay races with hurdles. That was fun. Four dogs on each team. The funny part was some were small, some were big; some were really fast, some were really slow. Each dog had to run the length of the runway, grab a ball out of a holder at the end, and run back. The owner would release the next dog when the previous dog passed the last return hurdle. The middle-size dogs were the fastest.

8. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Dec 17 2006, 05:50 PM) [snapback]363503[/snapback]</div>
    I've seen this on Animal Planet. I think the rules say the team has to be diverse, with at least one big and one small dog. They can't all be Jack Russells or Border Collies.

Here (and I'm sure in other cities) the local racetrack has one day where the "Wienerdogs" race. They set up a short stretch of track and the dachsunds run their little legs off trying to get to their masters first. It's precious. I've never gone to see because I never know when it is. I only see it after the fact on the evening news.

9. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Dec 17 2006, 09:06 PM) [snapback]363611[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know the actual rules, but someone there told me that the height of the hurdles is set according to the smallest dog on the team, so by having one small dog, they get lower hurdles for the team. But you may be right that they also have to have one big clumsey dog. I don't know. I didn't see any greyhounds. But there were several border collies, and they were really fast. Also another one, that I could not identify was fast.

Once back in ND a neighbor asked me to chase a flock of sheep into a pen. They just kept running around me. I went back and told him it was no use. So he told me to take Mota (his border collie). I called the dog over. Now, I'd never worked a dog before and had no idea what kind of signals there may be, but it didn't matter. Mota saw me trying to chase the sheep, and she went into action. They tried to run around her, too, but she was too fast for them. All I had to do was close the pen after them, and call Mota back, because she'd have crowded them so tight into a corner they'd suffocate each other. That much I did know from what I'd heard the farmer say in the past. Border collies are fast, and they're smart.

Several of the dogs in the relay races got confused and left the runway, and one dropped the ball. But the border collies performed perfectly.

10. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I was watching the Dog Agility trials last night on Animal Planet.

All of the Border Collies ran fast, but had faults which raised their time.

The dog that won was the biggest dog; a Weimeraner that had a perfect, no-fault run.

11. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Dec 17 2006, 10:24 PM) [snapback]363632[/snapback]</div>
    I thought those were small dogs. Little short legs?

12. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius