1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New & Upcoming PriusChat features

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Danny, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    [you], you may already know that I've just completed an update to the site's software. While this update brought many problems that I have hopefully completely fixed, it also adds some great new functionality to PriusChat for the future.

The first and most exciting new feature is Prillian, the PriusChat Instant Messenger. For those of you with pop-ups blocked, you might not have seen this new feature yet. I can assure that PriusChat will never utilize pop-up advertising, so I encourage you to list PC as a safe site on your pop-up blocking software.

So, what is Prillian?

Prillian is a web-based instant messenger client that we provide to our registered users so that they can easily and quickly contact each other. It is very similar to other instant messenger programs you may have used previously, but the users are generally limited to other members of this forum.

Many more of your questions can be answered here:

http://www.priuschat.com/forums/faq.php?mode=prill

This is a great system to instantly get in contact with your fellow Prius Enthusiasts, and I encourage everyone to use it.

You can now select a Photo to put in your public profile, also. All you have to do is upload an image to your Personal Gallery under the Photo Album and then on your profile you'll see "Photo in Public Profile" under the "Interests" box. Simply choose from the drop-down box the image you want to use and hit submit. Ta-da, you have your personal photo in your profile. This is different from your avatar.

Finally there is the new mini-toolbar on each thread that you view. This has the option to:

• So there's lots you can do in that little toolbar.

Acronyms: This is a neat way to highlight certain words that are used in threads that are underlined, and when you place your cursor on it, it shows what the word means. I think it'll be great for those acronyms that new Prius owners & enthusiasts always have a problem with. 2 I have set up right now are PriusChat & ICE . If you can think of more acronyms to add, let me know and I'll add them to the database.

Links: Soon I'll be adding an image for those of you who have websites and want to let everyone know about PriusChat can use to link to PC. This is also a place for those of you with Prius sites to submit a link to your site, or a site you've seen before. Please do not submit any commercial sites.

Right now I have "Technical Links" set up, but I will also add "Individual Enthusiast Links" and others if requested.

Finally, on the Photo Album you can now upload multiple files at a time. Simply click the blank button the far right when you get to the upload screen to bring up more upload fields.

[hr:6757536b2a]
      Coming soon to PriusChat:

Prius Profile - This will allow you to have a page all about your Prius. You'll be able to list your color, options, MPG, mileage, accessories, hacks, etc plus post a photo of your Prius all on one page in your public profile.

Toyota Technical Documentation - from techinfo.toyota.com. This will be a fee-based service, but free for at least our Platinum Sponsors.

Many more things!

Thank you again for your patience during this latest upgrade, without you all there would be no PriusChat. I can't believe we've almost hit our 1 year anniversary!

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Wow! That's pretty cool.

I trusted ages back when I made the decision to develop a massive owner website that somehow an actual shared online resource would emerge too.

It did here.

Thank you.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Well, I'd have thought that you'd get the hint, John. After all, Danny's message was addressed specifically to you.

4. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    Hi Danny,

I dont know why you addressed that to me, but thanks for the info anyhow. There are so many features in IntegraMOD that it can be hard to keep track of them, and if you also add further mods it can get quiet dunting.

Keep up the good work.

I have completed my EU English voice command list, but I need to validate it. Is there anyone here (in the EU) who would like to do that for me, and provide feed back? When its validated I will post it for the knowledge base.

5. LungCookie

LungCookie New Member

Ah. We each see our own username in Danny's message.

How very confusing. :|

6. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LungCookie\";p=\"43757)</div>

:rofl:

Didnt think he used a YOU button.

7. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    AHHH...shoot...*sigh*

and i thought i was special...

personalized messages is pretty cool though.

so do we need to do anything else to use the IM thingy? or do we all automatically get it?

8. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    WHEW... I saw my name and thought... I didn't start a thread... lately I've been needling Danny and thought I was in trouble for sure...

Thanks for all you do, Danny

Bob Andersen

9. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    There used to be a link to launch Prillian on the side bar, but I don't see it anymore. Maybe I'm losing brain cells.

I was also disconcerted for a sec when I saw my user name in the post. It's a bit unnerving to see something addressed to you... maybe this is related to the evil eye watching over us...

10. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Okay, I am losing brain cells. I just found the little link right after that post, it's under join chat. Maybe I was thrown off by the fact that someone was actually in the chat room.

11. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It's got a few kinks so sometimes for some reason the Launch Prillian button doesn't show up, and other times it does. Weird.

12. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

:lol: Way to go, Danny! Thanks!

13. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    whew! i immediately tried to recall the posts i made or if any PM i'd sent to you Danny. :wink:
    PC sure has come a long way! and all your hard work is evident on how the site is today! many thanks!

14. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Ha ha. I saw my name and couldn't figure out why you had not capitalized it.

15. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Danny:

i love the acronym definition mouseovers

GREAT IDEA!!

is their a place for submissions or a list to browse?

i hate to submit something that has already been suggested.

16. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, &amp; Drapanos, Crete, G
    Theres a list in the Knowledge base. I guess this is the list that will be converted into the acronyms page.

17. tms13

tms13 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Business Ed. Plus
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny\";p=\"43748)</div>
    Actually, this is something that's been irritating me for a while - especially in the thread about ice and snow, where ice got emboldened, capitalised and overlined as ICE. And, although the ACRONYM markup causes me to get the "query" pointer for these items, selecting them doesn't give the expansion for some reason.

It looks particularly bad when one of these terms is scattered all through a post, as it's highlighted every time (not just the first instance) which tends to distract from the author's message.

Consider this a plea to turn this off - or at least permit us users to disable it!

18. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    wouldnt that only work if the word was all caps

iow ice wouldnt be such

19. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Danny,
    I love the acronym highligher. If the entire acronym page could be set up that way it would be fantastic...maybe a little annoying for some, but overall probably great for newbies.

I have one bug using Netscape 7.1. When a thread loads if I begin to scroll down the page before it is completely loaded often the last message or two won't be viewable. It looks odd b/c the 'quotation box' will be elongated off the right side of the page, I assume the message is over there somewhere to the right as well, but there is no way for me to scroll over there to find it. I have to reload the page, wait until I'm SURE the whole page has loaded and then scroll down to read the message.

I'm not sure that's something that can be fixed, but it is a bug and a bit annoying as sometimes it's hard to tell if the page has completely finished loading.

20. GreenSteve

GreenSteve Web Hosting Provider

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Evan

May I suggest that you consider using Firefox instead of Netscape 7.1?

IMHO it is the best browser available, and I don't mind it being free.

Go to http://mozilla.org if you'd like to give it a try. It is the less bogus descendant of the Netscape (really Mozilla) web browsers.

Going back to the topic of this thread - I have about 12 websites of my own, and I am very much impressed with the excellent customization and evenly applied theme on this site.

(Green)Steve