1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New (used) Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by dkahl, Jun 3, 2008.

1. dkahl

dkahl Band Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hi everyone!

I've finally found my Prius! I'm so excited that I am now an owner on this forum! Just wanted to post my story and say hi!

Yesterday, I put myself on the list for a new 2008. On a whim, I checked autotrader this morning. Low and behold, a black 2005 in need of a new home sat only 5 miles from my house! I happened to be getting a hair cut across the street from the local mom and pop dealer, so I left a bit early hoping for the best, and figured I can call my wife later!

Turns out it had the features I wanted (mostly airbags and smartkey), and was still available. I asked the lady how many people were lining up to buy it, and she said none! Two others said they would take it, but neither could get financing (not a problem for me).

Yes, it's one of those places, definitely not where I expected to find a Prius. Apparently, some guy from California drove it in, stopped to look at another car, and somehow ended up swapping this mom and pop for what he wanted. I checked the Carfax and everything is clean...seems to check out. I got the financing lined up and took it home today!

Needless to say, I removed myself from the list. Wahoo!

:roll:

2. orracle

orracle Whaddaya mean "senior" member?

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I got mine used and have been very happy with it. Enjoy!!

3. dkahl

dkahl Band Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks, I have so far! I took my first trip to my work last night (I'm a teacher, so we are off now), and averaged 52.6 mpg over the 50 mile round trip! I guess I set the bar pretty high for myself!

I even sold my old Malibu to a former student already. Now...time to shop for upgrades to my new family member...:p

4. fcc

fcc New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    congrats! it is a fun car. just be safe driving it and after a while start
    playing with the toys inside. can never be too careful at first.

5. wanderlust

wanderlust New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congrats!! Enjoy it.

6. misslexi

misslexi Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That's kind of how I fell into my 06 used; I have a theory that if you start looking in the places where you are least expect to find a Prius, you better your chances of finding a good one.

Lets start with Hummer, Porsch, Maserati, wait...almost forgot Land Rover dealers, essentially places where gas mileage is not a factor. It may almost be a point of pride to trade in a Prius at one of these. And they sure don't want to hang on to it.

I think I'm on to something...

It's reverse-cathartic; "finally traded in that piece-of-sh*& hybrid my wife made me buy for the machine I 'really' wanted"...lol

7. dkahl

dkahl Band Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    That's a great theory! I agree about you being onto something! :D