1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New/Used Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by GigaTigga, Oct 28, 2010.

1. GigaTigga

GigaTigga New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone. My story goes, i bought a new 2008 prius in 2008 and had to sell it because i got in over my head and couldn't afford it :(

Fast forward almost 3 years and i just bought a 2005 package 6 with 106,000 miles on it. Its in great shape and i got it for 9,400. My question is, is there anything this late in the game to watch out for? I have the car on "Demo" until tomorrow to make sure everything is ok with it, it seems to operate exactly like my new 08 did, but wondered maybe someone who has been around longer could offer up some things to be looking for.

The traction battery seems to charge and discharge ok, all the electrics seem good, it revs nice, has good pick up. I'm no mechanic though so i'm not 100% sure what to be looking out for. i am purchasing it from a proper toyota dealer, but being over 85k miles its not certified. Any advice or help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

2. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If you have it for a demo, there is no excuse to not get it check out by an independent mechanic. Meaning you could take it to a rival dealership and have it checked out. Probably $100 to $150.

I would make sure the 12v is ok, and when the coolant was changed.