1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New user here/Need help

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by ravi1, Nov 7, 2011.

1. ravi1

ravi1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2000 Prius
    Model:
    I
    i need help for my toyota prius 1 generation. My car has not been running more than 2year, i have changed the 12volts battery but still the car does not start. Triangular warning lights come on. Is it possible to start the car or do i need to change the main battery.
    Thanks any reply with be great help

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You can try to jump-start using another vehicle. See the owner's manual for instructions to jump-start.

If the High-Voltage battery has lost its charge, it is likely too damaged to recharge. But a dealership should have the proper charging equipment for that if it is possible to bring the HV battery back to life.

What model year is the Prius?

3. ravi1

ravi1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2000 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Thanks for your message.My prius is year 2000 1st generation. I have even try to do the Jump start but still the car does not start. The dashboard panel says ready but it won't turn on the gas engine.

4. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Do you have a shop or qualified mechanic in your area? We need to know what the error codes are before anyone can make a determination. It may not be too bad if the car gets to Ready mode.

5. ravi1

ravi1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2000 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Hi,thanks for the reply,I have tow the prius to the Toyota motor dealer, I am still waiting for a reply from them, They are still checking the car. I let you know as soon as i got a reply from them. Thanks again Hope to get a positive response

6. ravi1

ravi1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2000 Prius
    Model:
    I
    i just got reply the the Toyota dealer, they have check car but still they can't find the fault the say to me the equipement they got can't find the fault beacause the car is old version. They also said the battery is still ok.Can you please help me and tell me what to do.Thanks

7. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Very sorry ravi1 - but without knowing what code(s) your Prius threw, it's impossible to say. Ask your dealer what their scan tool says, then folks on PC can help you out.

8. ravi1

ravi1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2000 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Hi,I have tow my Prius to another mechanics, he has scan the car and the following faults code he found C2500,C2501,C2577,C2579,C2668,C2678,C2679,C2762. Please can you help me and tell where is the problem Thanks