1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New User - Map lights+sunglass cuby

Discussion in 'Toyota Prius Service Bulletins - TSBs' started by chroot, Jan 30, 2010.

1. chroot

chroot New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    V
    My map lights are gone. I say gone because they were just out but now after my wife poked them with a stick(ok perhaps a screwdriver) they fell into the plastic housing on the roof.
    Has anyone taken this off? I've looked at it and it appears that I'll need to break 2 plastic pop-in seals(can't remember/don't know the term)

I'm able to drop the 2 1/2 inch screws from just above the sunglass compartment.
    I'm also able to pop the plastic off where my map lights used to be. I can hear them rattling about.

So my questions are -
    1. Anyone know how to take the large plastic roof item off?

2. Anyone know where to get the replacement pop-in's that I don't know the name of?

2. theducks

theducks Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are two white anchors that press into the roof, located on the aft part of the overhead console. They hold that unit in place at the rear. Once you remove the two screws you found, you can safely pull down on the aft part of the console. There will be a loud popping noise, and it will come out. The console will still be in place, but you will have good access to the area up top. You can try popping out the front two as well, but I found I didn't have to when the same thing happened to me.

You will then hopefully find three nickle-sized plastic nuts floating around loose, which normally hold the lights. Put them back into the circuit board by pushing down and twisting approx 1/8th of the radius.

If you google for "prius mic", you'll see a page on evnut with some pictures showing the process and the circuit board.

Good luck.