1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New v for me and a couple of questions...

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by satwood, Mar 19, 2015.

1. satwood

satwood Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Everyone,

Just picked up a new 2014 Blizzard Pearl Prius v two last week. This is my second Prius, I still have a 2007 Prius Gen II with 215,000 miles on it that has been just perfect to us all these years. Like others have commented I struggled a bit knowing I was trading high 50s MPG for high 40s MPG with the new Prius but after test driving this one and seeing how much more room the wagon has in it I got over the mileage hit. So far I am very impressed with the handling, quiet ride, driver seat comfort, dash layout & controls, and visibility. I never use in-car navigation so I was happy with just the level two package. I was disappointed to find out the smartkey keyless entry only works on the driver's door on this model.

I do have a few questions for those who have more experience than I. First, is there any way to change the colors of the Display Audio screen? The blue graphics are not very easy for me to see and I think on my 2007 I can adjust the color schemes.

Second, has anyone been monitoring the +12V voltage while driving? Using my Scangauge I noticed that it runs around 14.5 - 14.6 most of the time, which seems high, but then occasionally drops down to about 13.3 - 13.5 after a period of driving (20 minutes maybe). It does not do this all the time and I have not seen it the last few days but it definitely happened a couple times since I had the car. My 2007 is always locked right on 13.8 no matter what the conditions.

Finally, can anyone tell me how to set the keyless entry so it unlocks all the doors when I grab the handle? I usually go into the back seat to put stuff in and out and found I need to open the drivers door and hit the unlock button to open the rear door, unless I just use the key - but then where's the fun in having keyless entry?

Thanks for the help

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats!(y)

3. rspeaker

rspeaker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    For unlocking the doors, if you hit the "Setup" button on the center console, then vehicle, there is an option to unlock all doors with a single click of the unlock button on the key fob. Not as convenient as just putting your hand on the handle, but works fine.

4. CR94

CR94 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I see much the same behavior, as far as the voltage. Let's hope that's normal.

Does your owner's manual tell how to set the keyless entry so it unlocks all the doors when you grab the driver's door handle? Mine does.

5. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Key fob change so driver's door opens all:
    You just get close to the car and hold lock and unlock down for about 5 seconds on your key fob. After 5 seconds you will hear two beeps. Two beeps means that all the doors unlock now when you use the smart door. Three beeps means only the drivers side door opens.

satwood likes this.
  6. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a different display version in my ATP, but there are 4 colors to choose from. The setting is in there somewhere.

7. satwood

satwood Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you, that worked perfect!