1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

new v710 question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by sjr14221, Sep 8, 2004.

1. sjr14221

sjr14221 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I have been anxiously awaiting the V710. I now have a couple more weeks on my current contract with Verizon before I can go for a new phone.

Meanwhile, impatient, I have stopped by three vendors to play with the phone. The first one I stopped at, I was really impressed with the phone. It was easy to use (unlike my audiovox 8600) and was bigger - so my fingers did not keep pressing the wrong buttons.

However, the next store I visited was a different story. The keypad was all funky and looked like the numbers were bent out of shape and likely to fall off. The store had only had the phone for 2 days. I asked one of the salespeople about it but they just gave me a blank stare and seemed to know nothing.

I was wondering if maybe I had just seen a demo phone. I posted on 2G and was told by those who already had the phone that their keypads were fine. So, I assumed that it must have been a demo I'd seen. Then, I stopped at a 3rd vendor. Again the keypad was all loose. Since it is nearly impossible to find someone to speak with about the phone (because the places are always so crowded with new potential customers), I did not get to talk to anyone about the phone.

So my question (at last) has anyone here experienced a problem with the durability of the phone? I certainly don't want to pay $250 and be stuck in a contract for 2 years with a phone that wont last. BTW, it has NOT been my experience with motorola Nextel phones that they are flimsy.

Any input would be appreciated.

Sharon

2. billyb

billyb New Member

Hi Sharon
    I've had my V710 for about a month and haven't experienced the keyboard problem you mention. The phone seems sturdy and works well. It works ok in the Prius except for the phonebook tranfer problem which Verizon and Moto say should be resolved with a fix now sched for release in Nov. I like the phone and would say go for it.
    billyb

3. rfs4th

rfs4th New Member

I heard that Verizon finally had a bluetooth phone so I went FLYING into the store and said "Gimme that one!!!" Well, it turns out that the phone only works for handsfree. You can NOT transfer phone numbers into the car's phonebook. I didn't want to wait past my 15 day trial period so I took the darn thing back to the store and made them re-activate my old phone. When or if they ever resolve the issue or come out with a FULL featured bluetooth phone I'll try again. Oh well. More info....

http://www.nuclearelephant.com/papers/v710.html

4. maliblue

maliblue New Member

Motorola v710 was the only bluetooth phone available to me, (with Verizon service). My cell phone provider was able to load all of my phone numbers in the phone book using their sony ericsson to input the info in my car. I am now able to use the phone book exactly as if I had input them through the Motorola. It was easy! I now await the "update" for my otherwise beautiful new phone! Any time I need to add a number, they said "come on in". (If you have a friend with a bluetooth phone, they can do it for you too.

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have the 710 and I have to take care on how I hit the buttons. If I don't hit them squarely pituitarly the odd shaped ones they will not work, at least in the quick call mode. FWIW This may be the source of complaints.