1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New vanity plate or new fiancee?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dmarcus123, Nov 19, 2006.

1. dmarcus123

dmarcus123 New Member

Well, as soon as it comes, I'll finally have a vanity plate

<blockquote>HUMMR3</blockquote>
    My sister thinks it is hilarious but my fiancee and her daughter don't understand why it is funny. Do I trade in:
    • My sister
    • My Prius
    • My license plate
    • My fiancee, her daugher, and that damned whiny mini-dog?
    Or just persevere?

PS - It *IS* funny, isn't it?

2. chimohio

chimohio New Member

I like it.
    Why trade anything - just keep it all.

3. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    A fiance with a whiny mini dog? Run away! Save yourself before it's too late!

4. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Davey Bob @ Nov 19 2006, 09:19 AM) [snapback]351718[/snapback]</div>
    By all means, keep the Prius. You get rid of that and you"ll regret it: maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon...and for the rest of your life.

The license plate IS funny, but I think I'd go for HUMMR4 since there is a real H3 out there. H4 might scare some people, and scaring is always funny, especially around Halloween season.

Your fiancée is a problem. A sense of humor is the most important characteristic of marriages that last over eight months. Ask her what her suggestion is for a vanity plate and put it out here for us to vote on the funnier one. Winner takes all! Her daughter is going to need braces soon and that'll cost you a fortune. Besides, she doesn't really like you.

My ex-wife has a little mini-dog. Ex-wife, get my drift? You know how long dogs live? Get a real Prius dog: a golden retriever or some breed that can enjoy a beer with you. With dogs and wives, cute is an over-rated concept.

I'd like to meet your sister.

5. dmarcus123

dmarcus123 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Nov 19 2006, 01:01 PM) [snapback]351729[/snapback]</div>
    OK, need to get some things straight:
    • My sister is single but a lawyer. In New Jersey. I lvoe her but you don't want to meet her. Unless you're a lawyer. In New Jersey.
    • The dog isn't THAT mini and cute as hell (it is a Fred McMurray dog) but definitely whines, and whines, and whines, especially at the WRONG moment.
    • The fiancee usually has a sense of humour but .... hmmm....????
    • The daughter is 17, smart as a whip, absurdly funny and random, and likes me a lot.
    But damn, I missed that there was a Hummer 3 already. Drat!

6. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Davey Bob @ Nov 19 2006, 10:28 AM) [snapback]351739[/snapback]</div>
    Davey Bob,

Feed the Fred McMurray dog the beer. That'll shut him up! (The dog didn't learn whining from your fiancée, I hope! If so, give her a beer too.)

I see you're thinking deeply about the fiancée. If that doesn't work out, just adopt the daughter: she sounds OK after all. Have your sister draw up the papers. Demand child support!

And watch your language on PriusChat! (<strike>Drat</strike>!) There are Sailors on-line here!

Bobby Bob

7. chimohio

chimohio New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Davey Bob @ Nov 19 2006, 01:28 PM) [snapback]351739[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Nov 19 2006, 03:19 PM) [snapback]351769[/snapback]</div>
    Another option since the daugter is 17 and likes you - keep dating the mother until the daughter is 18; then marry the daughter. :lol:

8. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My problem with the plate is that the H3 already exists. In my opinion, a better plate would be [HUMMR 4].

Keep them all.
    Stick to your guns.
    It'll all blow over.

9. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Keep the fiance. Dump the license plate. Eat the dog. JMO.

10. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It's funny. Keep everything. If they complain too much, threaten to get a DVD boxed set of The Three Stooges.