1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Wheels and Tires

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Xaran, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Xaran

Xaran Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Decided to change out the wheels and tires. Wheels are Drag Alloys from Discount Tire (DR34) in Gray. They were on sale at my local store for $ 95.00 each and had a look I liked, another plus was they are lighter than my factory 17 "by about 2.5 lbs each based on my scale.

I bought my Prius used and it had Capital UHP 215-45-17 tires on it. They seemed to grip pretty well and MPG was Ok for my type of drving, they were only about 30% worn out but I had an opportunity to sell the tires and wheels to another forum member so I opted for new tires too.

I got a few good recommendations from this site on tires and was going to go with the Michelin or Continentals but got talked into trying a set of Hankook by the manager of the store. He gave me a written receipt that if I did not like them in the first week or 500 miles they would exchange them for my other choices. So I went Hankook V2 in 215-45-17 at $ 96.00 each. Ive had good luck on my Infiniti G 37s with the Hankook V12 so I am giving the V2 a shot. So far (375 miles) I really like them , quieter and better grip than my other tires, MPG is about the same for my drive 43 -46 mpg on freeway driving at 10 -85 mph with a big hill on the way home. my average MPG has always been about 43 so Im doing the same or maybe a little better lf rear wheels prius.JPG rt side prius wheels.JPG lf fnt prius wheel.JPG lf rear wheels prius.JPG

2. somebody7

somebody7 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think they look great. Are all the Discount Tires having that deal?

3. Xaran

Xaran Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks. I don't think so the store had the rims in stock I think someone ordered them and did not buy, regular price was $115 each

Tires are $ 96 each sale price on the website

4. somebody7

somebody7 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Got it, thanks. I can probably get them to match it if I ask. Thanks for uploading pics, Ive been wondering what a winter gray prius looks like with those rims. I was thinking of going black, but I think the grays look better.

5. Xaran

Xaran Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yes I was going to go with back rims too but I think the grey look much better

I think your right about the pricing they have some room to move at the store level. The manager rounded out my total price when I added the replacement guarantee to a even number so they have some room to move

6. dPruis

dPruis Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    looks good! love your wheels

7. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It looks good! :)

8. crazyjeys

crazyjeys Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Car looks great! Congrats!

9. Xaran

Xaran Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks everyone! Im happy with the choice of wheels and tires. The tires a very quiet, grip well and MPG seem good.

10. ockevin

ockevin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    new wheels go with the car nice.