1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New wheels means dressy calipers...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by vinnysca, Sep 20, 2006.

1. vinnysca

vinnysca New Member

:p

Ok guys...I love the new wheels I just got (as I've shown in a previous post). Now check out what I did this afternoon (I was bored). I went to the auto store and bought one of those caliper painting kits. At first try, the paint was taking too long to dry in between coats (they recommended waiting 20 mins in between), probably because it was raining while I did this inside the garage ;)

Then, I had an idea! I went in the basement and got my handy dandy heating gun! As I painted the first coat, I ran the heating gun on medium heat setting (to prevent bubbling), and it dried the paint really quickly, so that I could apply more coats. The kit recommended 3 coats total and for a final coat to be applied 5 days later if desired. Well, with the heating gun working so well, I applied a total of 7 or 8 coats! It gave it that ceramic coated look :rolleyes:

Comments?

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vinny @ Sep 20 2006, 04:19 PM) [snapback]322525[/snapback]</div>
    Pictures?