1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New White #9 - Long Drive Home Experience

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ardnhe, May 15, 2004.

1. ardnhe

ardnhe New Member

Well, just picked up my White #9 yesterday from Bert Wolfe Toyota in Charleston, WV and drove it back to Atlanta. I got very lucky and was able to find this car (with the help of Chris B) immediate after I started looking so my wait was only a couple of weeks. Here's a few comments on the experience.

The Dealership
    Robert (fleet mgr) and the staff at Bert Wolfe were very nice. This was the easiest new car purchase I have ever made. On Friday, the Prius rolled off the truck at 11am, Robert picked me up at the airport at 12noon, and I was on the road back home by 4pm. Great Service!!! Price was MSRP and no mention of adding anything else on. Chris b - I asked about your Tideland, no news on it. Robert says that they have sold about 30 Prius's since Jan., and nearly 80% are to out of towners.

The Drive
    Just over 500 miles door to door, all interstate. Kept the speed at a conservative (for me) 60-65 with a few jumps to 75, which was very easy to do with out realizing it. At first I thought something was wrong with the fuel gauge. The first bar dropped out at 180 miles (49.6 mpg avg). I hit half a tank at 300 miles (49.2 mpg avg). With three bars left I refueled, 456 miles (50.5 mpg avg). I was thoroughly impressed. After the fill up I dove the rest of the way a little more normal (70-80) and got 46 mpg avg. The tank took 7.7 gallons which calculates to 59 mpg but I stopped pumping at the first shut off and did not try to top off the tank. Either number is great.

The car was flawless and very comfortable for the long drive, I'm 6'3".

Navigation was also right on, no issues at all.

All in all, a great two days with the new car.

Thanks,
    Tom

2. GT

GT New Member

Congratulations on your new Prius! It sounds like things fell together perfectly. A two week wait is excellent, hardly enough time to develop some serious yearnings.

I'm very impressed with your milage on your first tank, especially at highway speeds.

Is it down hill from Charleston to Atlanta? :lol:

Gene