1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New window tint = wind noise...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by dbdan, Nov 22, 2010.

1. dbdan

dbdan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    So I recently got my windows tinted and now have wind noise coming from one of my rear passenger side windows...I picked up my car from the tinter the day before I headed out of town for two weeks for work, so I can't get it back to get fixed right away. So I was wondering how difficult it is to adjust either the passenger door or the small triangular window behind the door (if at all possible...). I pulled the door panel off easy enough, just to see if there was anything obvious, but I wasn't really looking at window type issues...

I don't know which window it is yet because I haven't been able to get someone to either drive the car with me in the back or get someone else back there...And to add to the fun, my wife just had her ACL replaced two weeks ago so she can't drive the car either! :doh:

Any help would be appreciated! Otherwise I'll have to drive it like this until I get back to town. Thanks.

2. BocaChaser

BocaChaser New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    hmm....wish i could help you, but i have not ever heard of this before

Toyotas are know for a lot of play in the glass, forward and back motion, maybe it could have to do with that? idk thou..

3. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When they removed the plastic door panel to get to the glass they likely disrupted some weather stripping or sealing on the bottom your door panel and hinge.