1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

new Winter Prius photos

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by john1701a, May 22, 2004.

1. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The latest batch of WINTER SNOW photos is now available on my website. Here's a sample...

[​IMG]

There are 28 more, besides that one. They are from last Thanksgiving (before the feasting began). All that snow fell the evening before. So when that early morning light appeared, I couldn't resist that beautiful landscape. Look closely at the silver on the Prius itself. The "chameleon effect" is easy to see. The blue of the sky and yellow of the sun reflect from the paint.

My album will continue to grow. There are a few more photo-shot sessions from last Winter that have yet to be sorted through. Stay tuned.

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Thanks, John -- these are just plain pretty.

Also takes me back to winters in northern Iowa, and cross-country skiing on a bright winter day, after a snowfall.

3. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I was thinking the Prius was Stealthy for the picture. Very nice composure.

4. babesp

babesp New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    photos are nice but how has your snow driving experience been? any issues? taking delivery in 3 weeks in Maine - yippee!!

5. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I've never had a lick of trouble with either of my Prius on snow & ice over the past 4 winters in Minnesota. Handling & Traction work fine. There is no disadvantage to having the hybrid system at all, for me. (Those with very steep driveways or poorly maintained roads will likely want to use winter tires.)

In fact, there is actually one advantage that traditional vehicles simply can't compete with. If you find you are driving on a curve a little to quick, but not enough to need to require using the brakes, you can simply shift to "B" on-the-fly. It's great.

"B" provides decleration via the engine. That means there is no risk of wheel locking or slipping by using it. So a few times this last year, I took advantage of that... especially since it is so darn easy to shift into. All you have to do is just paw the dashboard (outward & downward swoop of the right hand) without even needing to take your eyes off the road.

6. slowpoke

slowpoke New Member

We don't get snow over here, so those are very nice pix!

7. boa8

boa8 New Member

Nice pictures John...

Is it last winter or the next one?