1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New with Prius and bought one.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by nawikre, Sep 7, 2013.

1. nawikre

nawikre New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello there,

my name is Iwan, live in Holland and always was a VAG (volkswagen/Seat) driver. After a friend of mine tipped me about the Prius....I never looked at a Prius because i thought it was out of my budget. But after looking around i saw that i culd afford it when i could sell me SeatAltea. We made a test ride and we where "sold ". I could sell my Altea for good money and the sam day i found my Toyota prius 2 from 2004 with 143000km and mostly dealer maintained (except the last 1.5 years). I bought that one right away....well after that the local Toyota dealer looked at it by my request. It was a good car, but some maintnance issues...

I am a technical guy and am always looking for ways to o things myself. The things on my list now are to place a usb option to the stock radio. This will become a Yatour usb box. It is cheap an i can do everything with it what i want. Another thing is the reverse camera....but i am still struggling with the rgbs decoder to connect the camera to.
    Also i am going to replace almost all lights with LED lights incl DRL ith a home made controller.

This is about it.

Iwan

2. phickson

phickson Tron Pod Occupier

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome Iwan to the world family of being a Prius owner - you will very much enjoy driving the Prius and the gas mileage is incredible, even in Holland where you are used to driving cars that get higher miles per gallon (or kilometers per liter) than in the United States.

3. cary1952

cary1952 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    welcome to the prius family!