1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Year's Eve Purchases?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by ElectricSpike, Dec 6, 2015.

1. ElectricSpike

ElectricSpike Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I'd love to hear of any New Year's Eve purchases that were "deals" - with the prices I am seeing over and over again with used Priuses, I am considering a new 2015 model 2 instead. The 2 has all that we need.

If I can get the 0% rate, which I think I can. Wellesley Toyota lists a FICO score of anything over 680 as qualifying in their blog, and I am above that.

I've read over and over that New Year's Eve is the best day of the year to get a great price on a new car. There are many model 2's at the local dealers. I've searched the forum, but I don't see any posts on this. Has anyone been able to get a great deal on that day, and how did you approach it? Thanks for any and all stories!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    wellesley is very good, albeit, not always the cheapest. all the best in your search!(y)

ElectricSpike likes this.
  3. ElectricSpike

ElectricSpike Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks, Bisco, I'm not really looking to use Wellesley - I searched on line to see what FiCO score = the 0% financing, and that showed up in the Wellesley blog. Do you know which dealers around Boston tend to give the best deals? Thanks!

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i have found, with every purchase, that it's a different one. it must be how desperate they are at the time. i usually just email them for pricing, staying close enough to be convenient. never gone shopping on new years eve though!:cool:

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Read through Car Buying Guide for New and Used Vehicles | CarBuyingTips.com . Keep an eye on the inventory and email the local dealers. Since they know you are buying within 3 weeks they'll be in touch.

Don't read too much into their blog. I'd visit a dealer and look at the rate card. How much will they finance and for how long? Will the car be the same price?

Happy hunting.

6. ElectricSpike

ElectricSpike Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Thank you for moving the conversation! I am new to the board.