1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New York City Prius Price

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by toihung15, Dec 28, 2007.

1. toihung15

toihung15 Junior Member

What is the best price for a 2008 Prius, package 2 in NYC? What is the best dealer? Thanks.

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    FYI, I bought a 2007 Prius, Package #2 on February 13, 2007 for exactly the MSRP.

I think you should be able to buy a 2008 Prius, Package #2 for much less --- $1000 to $2000 below the MSRP.

I do not recommend Toyota of Manhattan, or Plaza Toyota in Brooklyn.

I hear good things about Bay Ridge Toyota in Brooklyn.

Good luck.

3. ra3boy

ra3boy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Why not to cross the river? NJ dealers are (muuuuucho) more flexible:eek:
    I bought mine: 08, pkg# 6 for $26K ?! I was done/gone in an hour.
    Good luck!

P.S. Welcome to myself:D

4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Read through www.carbuyingtips.com and if you want a copy of an ad that listed every dealer in the area send me a PM as I can't upload the image. NJ is a CARB state so the hybrid warranty is 150,000 miles. Best wishes for finding exactly what you want at a good price.

5. ra3boy

ra3boy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Well, I did ask my delaer regarding 10years/150K miles... was told 8years/100K miles?! what's up with that? I have read every waranty booklet... did find CA, didn't find NJ?!
    Edit: Never mind, www.google.com is your friend:)CARB states: hybrid system is good for 96months/100K miles; hybrid battery is good for 120 months/150k miles!!!

6. Qlara

Qlara New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ra3boy, mind telling us which NJ dealer you got your Prius 6 for $26k?

7. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If you are buying from BayRidge Toyota in Brooklyn, they are ok with the price. But DON'T get the extended warranty or anything from them other than the car itself. If you are getting the extended warranty, get it thru PC at http://priuschat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2845. BayRidge quoted me $1997, you can get the same warranty from PC for $990.

A note from Troy, PC's warranty rep,

8. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ditto. In fact I think that's a pretty good rule of thumb for any dealer --- never buy an extended warranty or any other "product" the closer (usually a finance guy, whether you finance the car or not) tries to sell you. They are almost always overpriced, useless or both.

Toyota of Manhattan tried to sell me the 7yrs/100,000 miles extended warranty for $2,500.

Plaza Toyota sold my ex more than $2,000 of other financial products that in my opinion were totally worthless. So when I went with her to pick up the car, we immediately cancelled those purchases.

9. ra3boy

ra3boy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Glen Toyota,RT-208 South, Fair Lawn, NJ. It's about 10 miles from the GW bridge. Not a volume dealer, but after I did mention I was heading to Prestige Toyota in Ramsey, NJ;) ...they agreed on the price.:cool:

10. Qlara

Qlara New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks for the Dealership info.
    Prestige Toyota seems to have bigger inventory, not sure how well they'll budge on the Prius price.

Anyone has good dealership experience buying Prius in the NJ region?

11. composter

composter The Hermit

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I purchased a Package #2 Prius on December 28 in Clinton, NJ, in beautiful Hunterdon County a few miles north of I-78. First used the Toyota web site to build a package and request quotes from about 8 dealers. Probably 6-8 dealers are closer to my home. The Internet sales guy from Clinton was the nicest, fastest, and cheapest. He actually believed me when I told him I was shopping on price and would buy pronto from whomever made it worth my while. Found the color I wanted too. No BS on the contract. However, I have not yet picked up the car, expected in the next 10 days. Hoping to still like them then.

Getting the e-quotes was annoying. First you build the car, then request a quote on it from the specific dealer. Then they contact you as if you haven't decided and told them exactly what you want already. I assume that the info they get is not very clear because this happened every time. And some of them then proceed to spam you with automated emails. But after going to one dealer in person and getting too angry to buy a car, I decided the internet purchase option was worth a try. Glad I did. btw the place where I test drove one e-quoted me $2000 over MSRP! I don't think they want to sell Prii.

12. davidtm

davidtm Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've used the fax approach before - saves a lot of BS. Shop online, then call the dealer and ask their sales fax number. Fax a number of dealers the specifics of exactly what you want, and your offer. Then, sit back and see who matches it.

13. totita

totita Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I highly recommend Acton Toyota in MA. Smooth transaction and got the Prius Package #2 for 21750 before taxes. My dealerships with NJ Toyota dalrships was awful. The most they were able to give in was the destination fee.

14. Qlara

Qlara New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Did you order the car in MA and drive back to NJ, is it worth it?

15. totita

totita Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I got the car for $2000 under MSRP + $400 from Toyota towards my loan for being a recent college graduate. The train ticket to MA was under $100. You will also have to take care of the car registration, very easy in NJ; it took 15 minutes and a trip to DMV. The dealership and sales person were exemplary compared with the jungle found at Toyota NJ dealerships. Only you can decide if it's worth it. For me a trip to Boston was worth saving $2400.