1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

new youtube hate video on prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by statultra, Jul 13, 2007.

1. statultra

statultra uber-Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Oh, not this idiot again. I had to turn it off after two seconds. Can someone transcribe it so I can tear it apart (again) line by line without having to see his smug face?

3. kdailey356

kdailey356 New Member

what a freak.

baby george bush? 'uh... duh.. trying to say...'

do they want people to say they bought the prius for 'poor' mileage? or that the powerful battery doesnt save gas when it is at idle or in parking lots? or coasting? i guess it doesnt. 'sarcastic'.

anyways... hope everyone is great.

4. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah he is an idiot who obviously has not done his homework. I usually ignore that stuff (Ignorance is Bliss so why pop their bubble - they will just hate you for it), but I had to post a couple comments.

5. Per

Per New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    At least he didn't use the F-word every other phrase in this video. His basic rant is that reducing weight is a better way to reduce mileage than using a hybrid power train. He uses the Yaris as an example of a lighter car. Only trouble is,the Yaris does not come close to the Prius mileage on neither the city nor the hiway cycle according to CR. Nor do any of the other minicars, such as the Honda Fit.
    The funny thing is, the Prius does essentialy what he suggests-using a very small ICE to power a car. The trouble is, not many folks would consider the Prius if the ICE was the only power plant--underpowered would be an understatement. Having the motors for power bursts makes the difference.
    The basic point that he totally misses, is that the Prius is still the mileage champ of any current production car.

6. tag

tag Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Jul 13 2007, 10:24 PM) [snapback]478478[/snapback]</div>
    Per your request:

I believe in America. America has made my fortune. And I raised my daughter in the American fashion. I gave her freedom, but I taught her never to dishonor her family.

She found a boyfriend, not an Italian. She went to the movies with him, she stayed out late. I didn't protest. Two months ago, he took her for a drive, with another boyfriend. They made her drink whiskey. And then they tried to take advantage of her. She resisted. She kept her honor. So they beat her, like an animal.

When I went to the hospital, her nose was broken. Her jaw was shattered, held together by wire. She couldn't even weep because of the pain. But I wept. Why did I weep? She was the light of my life, beautiful girl. Now she will never be beautiful again.

I went to the police, like a good American. These two boys were brought to trial. The judge sentenced them to three years in prison, suspended sentence. Suspended sentence! They went free that very day! I stood in the courtroom like a fool. And those two bastard, they smiled at me. Then I said to my wife, "for justice, we must go to Don Corleone."

7. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I propose that YouTube should have a very short IQ test before anyone can post a video. You have to get over 50 percent or no video posting.

Question 1: Rotational machinery powered by electricity is called a ________.

A. Engine

B. Motor

Question 2: Rotational machinery powered by combustion is called an ________.

A. Engine

B. Motor

Question 3: What weighs more ________?

A. Larger 4 cylinder Otto Cycle engine with automatic transmission having oil filled torque convertor, two planetary gear sets, two clutch packs0drumbs, a clutch band and a large hydraulic valve body.

B. Smaller 4 cylinder Atkinson Cycle engine with compact power transfer device haming a single planetary gear set and two electric motor generators instead of the heavy clutch packs and torque converter.

Quetion 4: True or False - The choices for question 3 above give away the correct answer for questions 1 and 2 above.

A. True

Quetion 5: True of False - When making a video for You Tube, it is more appropriate to________.

A. Keep putting you fingers up around your mouth and nose like you are about to go digging for gold.

B. Keep you fingers away from your face so people will not be grossed out by looking at you.

Question 6: Word Problem = Cars A and B both start off on a trip with a full tank of gas. After driving 450 miles, they both stoped for feul. Car A added 10 gallons of gas to fill its tank back to its original level. Car B added 16 gallons to fill his tank to its original level. Which car used less gas for the 450 mile trip?

A. Car A because it took less gas to fill it back to the original level.

B. Cannot determine because we don't know which car has the higher mass.

Question 7: Which vehicle class has more interior space?

A. A subcompact such as Toyota Yaris.

B. Midsize such as Toyota Prius.

C. Neither A nor B, Subcompacts and Midsize cars both have equal amount of interior room.

Question 8: Four passengers are planning a road trip of 100 miles. Which of the following choices for their transportation will use less feul?

A. Toyota Prius that will use 2 gallons of feul.

B. Two Smart cars that will use a total of 3 gallons of feul.

8. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    There isn't anyone on the planet who thinks they know more than a 20 year old does.

I wonder if he actually passed his physics class.

I predict a future in sales, probably door to door.