1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newb came into an 04 Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by newemi, Aug 12, 2011.

1. newemi

newemi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey guys,

Just picked up a 04 in Michigan with 72k miles & package 9. Paid $10k, good price considering what they were going for here in Minneapolis. I had looked at cars with 125k miles and a salvage title for a $11k.

Had it for a week now and am definitely enjoying it, although it's a total different experience then the other cars I've owned. Have a 09 Mitsu Lancer that we plan on selling and a 05 4runner that will never see another owner. Does have a few pretty small inconspicous hail dents in the roof, as well as two small rust spots and some minor scratches. Nothing to horrible just helps justify the price being 4k under market value... lol.

With 72k miles, anything I should be doing maintenance/service wise? Just curious if I should be looking at any of the fluids or spark plugs, etc. Planning to change the oil this weekend with Mobil1 Energy Conserving Synthetic 0w30 this weekend. I do basically all my own work, so if theres anything else I should do, I'd prefer to stick to an aggressive maintenance schedule. Any eco mods I should consider (besides a good waxing, lol it needs it badly)?

Glad to be here. Already learned quite a bit from the forum. Happy to of found a good, organized forum.