1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NEWB??? for wheels and lowering springs

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by sneeeky, Apr 27, 2012.

1. sneeeky

sneeeky Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    hello
    so as im reading thru many posts on aftermarket wheels everyone seems to have the same results, a droop in mpg. i know there are many lightweight aftermarket wheels out there so is it the fact that by going with a larger diameter wheel the actual rotating mass is being moved further away from the hub?
    secondly there are many people using different offsets on wheels, i was just wondering what the best offset for say a 17" wheel would be, or does it depend on the wheel itself?

as for springs i am wondering if there is a list of different springs and how much drop they each have? are there major ride quality differences between different spring manufacturers? how are the trd springs?

thank you in advanced for any input/advice

2. Dark_Prius

Dark_Prius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a set of used tanable springs for sell.

GT-N7000 ? 2

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    To minimize the mpg hit go with the lightest ones you can afford and keep the offset between 45mm and 50mm. The OE 17" has a 50mm offset. This is not cool for the hellaflush crowd but it keeps the wheel and tire from sticking out into the airstream and beyond the wheel spats. Regardless, expect a hit.