1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newb Question What is this dash light?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Route66, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Route66

Route66 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm going to check out a 2004 Toyota Prius tomorrow and most likely buy it. It has a smartkey, nav, bluetooth but i'm not sure which package it would be. Anyways, while reviewing the pictures from the owner that they sent over i saw this warning light and i can't figure out what it might be. I can't post the picture on here since I'm new and cant post image's yet until I've made 5 posts...but its a yellow one slightly above the computer. It's not a low fuel light either..it appears to have an icon in the middle with / \ on each side of it. And its not the red door open icon either..Any ideas/help?

I know I could just ask the owner and i'm gunna do that tomorrow when i see it in person..just wanted to research it a bit before I saw it.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You are probably referring to the snowflake icon. This comes on when outside air temperature is 37 degrees F or lower. The purpose of this is to warn you that roads may be icing up, so watch out.

That icon was dropped from the combination meter display after 2005.

3. Route66

Route66 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    That would make sense since we're in Chicago and its below arctic out here. Thanks!