1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbe with questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Gsragtop, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Gsragtop

Gsragtop New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello all my name is Josh and I am new to the Prius game. I just got a job that will require a lot of driving so fuel economy became key to me. I fought against the idea of the Prius for a long time, but I found one that was a deal I could not pass up and figured it was time to give in to my needs.

So I picked this 2007 Prius up with 156,000 mile from its original owner and that has been mainly dealer serviced its entire life for $2300 over the weekend. Yes it looks like it was punched in the nose and its even worse now, because the previous owner tried to drive it to a body shop without making the sure the hood was secured down. Unfortunately it flipped up and smashed the windshield. Any way I am now in a parts search and have found almost all I need except a few key parts. I am hoping that y'all can help point me in the right direction hear. I need the following part Coolant overflow bottle (not the whole fan assembly just the overflow),

Also some questions about options I want but don't have

Ipod USB connectivity, I found one or two systems that seem like they are plug and play, but what do you guys recommend??

Auto headlights, can they be added??

I thank you in advance for your help and I look forward to learning all I can

#1 Gsragtop, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  2. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Try autobeyours.com. He likely has all you need. :)

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome josh, all the best with your project!(y) sorry i can't help.