1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie 2005 Prius Owner

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Salustro, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Salustro

Salustro New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hey all, been trolling Prius Chat forums for about a month now since I bought my 2005 Prius in late July. It's currently sitting at 183k miles and is requiring a new Catalitic Converter. I've already ordered the part and am awaiting shipment which should arrive soon. I bought the whole pipe and am probably gonna drop it off at my buddy's shop and have him install it super cheap. I've read the "been things I should know" and is it just me or do they seem super obvious? Other then that is there something else like superduper important that I should know?

2. jadziasman

jadziasman Prius owner emeritus

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If it needs a new cat, it probably had been burning a lot of oil, which fouled it. How often do you check the engine oil level? If you haven't been, you'd better start because I'll bet your Prius is consuming a quart or more every 1000 miles.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    nah, there's really nothing to know, just drive it and enjoy!(y)

4. Salustro

Salustro New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I do check it about 2 times a month, currently more concerned with my wife's 2006 jeep commander possibly overheating then the Prius oil level. At least over the course of the last month.

Bought a new pipe system for her yesterday and it should be here in a few days then I'll be able to cut her open and really look into it.

5. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    WELCOME !!!!
    You may want to find out if any/all of the service bulletins have been taken care of over the past decade.
    Enjoy !!