1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie asking about all those "extras"!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by anniemoriyasu, Feb 28, 2008.

1. anniemoriyasu

anniemoriyasu New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Aloha, Annie in Hawaii asking whether others thought the xylon paint protection was worth it??? Any thoughts? Appreciate your comments.

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Only for fanatics. My four years old Prius looks new, except for nicks on the hood which paint protection would not prevent anyway.

When the dealer tries to sell you any of that dealer-applied crap, just smile and say "no" until they go away.

3. blamy

blamy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My wife and I have both put the xylion paint protection on our Pri. We live in Florida and the bugs can be pretty bad at times and this stuff keeps them from eating the paint. Remember the movie Alien? Well the "love bugs" down here have the acid guts like the Alien! Eat the paint right off your car.:faint2:. I've had mine on for almost a year and hers for a month. It does work.

4. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I think it is more important to wash your car frequently with a quality car wash soap and a quality sponge. And at least once a year coat with a premium coat of wax preferably twice a year.

5. Steamboatsig

Steamboatsig Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Well you do live in Hawaii where there is a lot of salt air and lots of daily rain showers. If you take care of your car and wax every month or two, then you probably don't need it. If you are one to neglect your car, then it may be worth it. Btw, I dont even know what xylon paint protection is, nor do I know how much it costs.

Then again, if you neglect your car you probably don't really care if the paint looks good or not. Lol.

I have a house in Kona. Did you hear that Mt Kilauea erupted today?