1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie first post

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by appgap, Jan 23, 2007.

1. appgap

appgap New Member

Hi all. I am a new member of the Prius community. Picked up a 2007 yesterday replacing my 1992 Saab turbo convertible. Most of my friends thought I'd be depressed going from the Saab to the Prius but I am thrilled. 22 mpg just wasn't cutting it and while fun in the summer it just was falling apart underneath me. Today I plugged my Treo phone in and in about 5 minutes I was making handsfree calls, tootling around at 55 mpg and getting voice instructions on how to get to work. Wish I could have passed on the directions but have to pay off that financing......What a good looking, fun handling ride. Looking forward to learning more ways to enjoy it and sharing experiences as I get more familiar with it. I did look hard at the Camry Hybrid but was put off by the lower mpg and the really tiny trunk space. The Civic just didn't float my boat.

2. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(appgap @ Jan 23 2007, 12:37 PM) [snapback]379573[/snapback]</div>

Well welcome to you! I too took possesion of my Silver Metallic 2007 Prius on Dec 29, 2006! So far, I absolutely love it! I treat it like a cream puff too, lol. I love driving it and love the attention i get while driving it too! Welcome aboard!

PS: I just noticed you're from Vermont! I'm from New Hampshire , White Mountain area, so I'm you neighbor ;-) Where abouts in Vermont are you?

3. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Oh Vermont! When I was driving in Vermont 2 weeks ago during my ski trip, I saw another silver Prius on the road waving at me! I waved back of course. In NY, nobody waves... :(

I'll be heading up to Vermont again in two weeks, hope to meet some more friendly Prius owners on the road. :)

4. appgap

appgap New Member

I live just outside of Burlington. The waving thing is funny. ALL the 900 convertible owners are wavers. I haven't had my Prius long enough to notice yet. People are pretty friendly here in VT.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusFTW @ Jan 23 2007, 12:47 PM) [snapback]379586[/snapback]</div>

5. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(appgap @ Jan 23 2007, 09:37 AM) [snapback]379573[/snapback]</div>
    It took me a year to get used to the looks of my Prius. I didn't like the looks at all, at first. I bought it for the technology, the Kermit factor, and the flexible interior space. Now I like the looks, though.

And congrats on your new car; and welcome to PriusChat.

7. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    welcome to both of you new owners!!.. waive at every Prius, I do.... whether they waive back or not!

8. Mary Snyder

Mary Snyder New Member

Hi welcome to Prius Chat. I also have a 2007 Prius that i got about two months ago. It seems a little hard to park but I'm getting more used to it. I also put the headrests lower so I could get a better view out the back when backing up. Anybody else notice this difference? Anyway it's fun to drive and I love it also. The only trouble is when my son and daughter-in-law come over they drive it all day like it's not mine anymore, but I did get them to keep it off the beach. I wouldn't want all that sand in the car.
    Mary

9. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    A big welcome to our two new New England members! Soon you'll learn the secret handshake.

10. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jan 23 2007, 02:59 PM) [snapback]379655[/snapback]</div>

Thank you! btw i completely agree with your opinion on the matter of the looks. At first i didn't care for it, but now i think the darn thing looks so damn cute and sexy! lol I heart my prius!

11. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    welcome to PriusChat and congrats on your purchase! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with the Prius just as you had with your 900.